BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default "In the moment" gaming bloopers

So on Sunday my friends and I were playing at our LGS. There were about eight of us in total. My Space Marines were pitted against my friend's new Tyranids. He chose to deploy almost all of his units via Mycetic Spore, and since we had literally no models close enough to represent them we decided on 20oz soda bottles.

Well, around turn 4, one of his Mycetic Spores arrived and we had run out of empty bottles. My girlfriend, who was playing GTA, had a Sprite bottle that was almost empty. I grabbed it and gave it to her, and as she started to drink the last of it, I exclaimed:

"Hurry up and swallow! His spores are deep striking!"

Needless to say, everyone burst out laughing as my girlfriend gave me the most evil glare I've ever witnessed. I then realized what I had said, and giggled damn-near to the floor.

Anyone else have a "blooper" moment like this?
    Last edited by Mike X; 02-02-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Mine aren't as funny as yours, but here goes...

A long time ago I played a Nurgle Chaos Cult. You know, smelly, mutant, rabble, malcontents with junkie weapons. Anyway my friend, an Imperial guard player teams up with me against the eldar and space marines. Because I like to roleplay I capered about and called on father Nurgle...

"Father of Flies,
    Favor us now...!"

So the space marine player drops his strategy card 'Virus Outbreak' on our side of the board...on our 7000 pts of naked humans all bunched shoulder to shoulder.

Well, you get what you pray for, ha ha!
    Frankie

"So on Sunday my friends and I were playing at our LGS. There were about eight of us in total. My Space Marines were pitted against my friend's new Tyranids. He chose to deploy almost all of his units via Mycetic Spore, and since we had literally no models close enough to represent them we decided on 20oz soda bottles.

Well, around turn 4, one of his Mycetic Spores arrived and we had run out of empty bottles. My girlfriend, who was playing GTA, had a Sprite bottle that was almost empty. I grabbed it and gave it to her, and as she started to drink the last of it, I exclaimed:

"Hurry up and swallow! His spores are deep striking!"

Needless to say, everyone burst out laughing as my girlfriend gave me the most evil glare I've ever witnessed. I then realized what I had said, and giggled damn-near to the floor."

o my god. that is the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life. good sir. i have nothing that cdould even compare to that. you are awesome

A friend of mine started boasting about this huge diorama he was making, the fight amongst gods, he went on for months about how cool it was going to turn out and how difficult was to create it, then he started releasing rumours about what it was about, apparently it was between nurgle and mork.

When he got tired of playing us out he showed up with a monster base with a mini diorama of a nurgling fighting a snotling.

I have no quotes to mention for the event (even less so in english) but he got us pretty excited, people were talking of slayer sword at the next golden demon...

Librarian

A fair few years ago my friend and I went to our first Games Day UK. we jumped on the bus at god knows what time in the morning and unveiled our Golden Daemon entries.

I had done a catachan riding a converted space marine bike.

My friend had a battle scene between some guardsmen and a looted leman russ surrounded by orks. although it was terribly painted (mine was no looker either) and botched together (and based on a 2' by 2', 4" thick piece of mahogony...) it was hilarious to see all the "mini fightscenes" between the individual characters. orks on fire, and the ork warboss stood atop the russ defiantly.

When we got to Birmingham, we got up from our seats in the coach and I moved into the isle. My friend was holding up his GD entry one handed to get a good look at it, when he started to lose balance of it and slammed it into the back of the seat.

I can't describe the laughter as he starts to peel the base from the seat, as we try to catch all the parts falling down, my sides ached.

We were stood in the queue for the arena, glueing heads back onto the orks, when one of our coachmates points to the warboss - headless, still standing triumphant - and we've run out of ork heads. so, being creative,my friend grabs a bit of cotton wool from the "burning orks" and glues it to the warboss's neck. I think I cried with laughter all the way to the Golden Daemon entry desk.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Fly Lord

Mkerr tells this story much better than I do but here goes...

So years ago he goes to the Lone Star tourney in Texas. That year it was held at the NASA museum in Houston. So he's lugging his army in a giant backpack, and the entrance of the event is a fairly tight hallway, with tables lining both sides of it... and concrete floors all around.

He's working his way through the crowd trying not to touch any of the armies people are pulling out on the tables to get judged for painting scores. He makes it all the way to the last table, then realises he forget something in the car. He turns around, and his backpack slaps a player's display board...

It flips over in midair, falls 3 feet onto a concrete hanger floor with the display board falling on top of it, and the army EXPLODES... metal bits hurling to all 4 corners of the room... amongst a crowd.

EVERYONE stops and looks, and Mkerr starts to mutter an apology as the player falls to his knees and screams.. "JUST GO, GO!"

The next day, Mkerr locates the player between rounds and walks up to apologize in person. The player has no idea who he is. Mkerr explains he was the guy who knocked over his army and the kid says:

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you through the tears"
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

That is seriously my worst nightmare.

*Knock* *Bam* Army everywhere. x_x

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Mkerr tells this story much better than I do but here goes...

So years ago he goes to the Lone Star tourney in Texas. That year it was held at the NASA museum in Houston. So he's lugging his army in a giant backpack, and the entrance of the event is a fairly tight hallway, with tables lining both sides of it... and concrete floors all around.

He's working his way through the crowd trying not to touch any of the armies people are pulling out on the tables to get judged for painting scores. He makes it all the way to the last table, then realises he forget something in the car. He turns around, and his backpack slaps a player's display board...

It flips over in midair, falls 3 feet onto a concrete hanger floor with the display board falling on top of it, and the army EXPLODES... metal bits hurling to all 4 corners of the room... amongst a crowd.

EVERYONE stops and looks, and Mkerr starts to mutter an apology as the player falls to his knees and screams.. "JUST GO, GO!"

The next day, Mkerr locates the player between rounds and walks up to apologize in person. The player has no idea who he is. Mkerr explains he was the guy who knocked over his army and the kid says:

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you through the tears"
    That is so friggin' hilarious! But I would've been incredibly embarrassed too.

Closest to that I've ever had happen is one of my ex-girlfriends tripped over someone's tacklebox-shaped army box.... thankfully nothing broke or spilled, but everyone in the room gasped.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

i thinkfully have yet to have one like that, but thats because i know ill do somtin like that so i never left my feet off the ground when people have there army out, and i have all bodie parts of mine in as much controll as possible, i started shuffling when i nearly steeped on a persons "tank box", it consistid of a baneblade, 4 LRBT, 4 Basilisks, and i think around 8 chicmeras. im waiting though for this one guy to catapult all the models off a table at the LGS since he brings in a giant trunk for his army and they place where he sits it, he occasonally bumps the table, so one of these times i know hell slip or somtin, and create a mini-catapult with the table and everyones models

That one time at the store... apoc battle.
    There was a kid who left his army case standing OPEN next to the tables (there was enough palce UNDER it but he was too lacy to move it). everyone told him that something awfull would happen.

30minutes later a very big man (somewhere between fat and bodybuilder so realy, realy heavy) stumbled because some 5year old ran around the store but could stop himself from falling by makeing a big step...

directly into the army case.

sometimes you want to say "I told you" but this was the time for "ERVERYONE told you!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast