BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interceptor

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Yes, they count together, I believe, the MT allows an additional weapon to be fired, not two. It may not sound like much, and it isn't for anyone but the Riptides.
    I'm still waiting for the day when I can equip a Riptide with two of the same weapon. Say hello to the XV104 "Heavy Arms" Riptide. :P
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

The Forgeworld variants seem to like that train of thought. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Veteran-Sergeant

heres another interceptor related question...
    Does the rule allow you to fire on units comeing out of a transport that arrived from reserves? in these two cases, marines diembarking from a drop pod, and marines forced to disembark from a rhino after it was wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I'm still waiting for the day when I can equip a Riptide with two of the same weapon. Say hello to the XV104 "Heavy Arms" Riptide. :P
    I've done that with mine anyway, to represent its Earth Caste Pilot Array; re-rolling 1s to hit, when you're benefiting from enough Markerlights to make you BS5, is functionally equal to Twin-Linked. At least, as long as you're not using the Ion Accelerator in Blast mode.

(and come to that I used pretty much the same justification for the second suncannon on my Wraithknight; it gets to be twin-linked 98.8% of the time thanks to the Scatter Laser so it's only not WYSIWYG 1.2% of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    heres another interceptor related question...
    Does the rule allow you to fire on units comeing out of a transport that arrived from reserves? in these two cases, marines diembarking from a drop pod, and marines forced to disembark from a rhino after it was wrecked
    There's a good argument here that can be ammo for both schools of thought; take the 'narrative' IRL style perspective of what 'interceptor' actually is/means; it is 'supposed' to fire on the unit as it arrives, so technically in the case of a drop pod it 'should' shoot the pod only. Now this brings into question the fact that if it does as it should do the pod for the sake of example is 'destroyed' on the way down; do you really want your marines to just 'die' along with it as in reality that is the likely outcome; I don't think 6000 degrees heat cares much about your power armour; so you are looking at if you want to insist it fires on the pod a sensible thing would be to say you lose the entire unit. Better for fun and all concerned then surely to allow the opponent to pick 'pod' or 'dudes' instead. My narrative argument for the latter is that it's waited until the doors blow out or... More likely it's put a few bullets inside the hull on the way down causing some damage to the troops but no more than superficial damage to the pod itself.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Especially given that it chooses to fire at the end of the Movement phase, so the Marines are already out of the Pod and on the ground, but haven't quite readied their Bolters yet. It depends on how suddenly you imagine the Pods hitting the ground. I imagine them like the ODST Drop Pods from Halo personally, but with the deceleration applied much closer to the ground.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    The Forgeworld variants seem to like that train of thought. :P

If the R'Varna had the options to take two ion accelerators, or two heavy burst cannons, or mix it up between two different weapons among the three primary guns, then that would have been epic and I'd already own two or three.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Yes, they count together, I believe, the MT allows an additional weapon to be fired, not two. It may not sound like much, and it isn't for anyone but the Riptides.
    You can't use the multi-tracker in any phase but the shooting phase so as well as Overwatch that would include Interceptor.

Once a unit disembarks from the drop pod you now have 2 units on the ground and in the case of an immediate combat squad that's 3, at the end of your movement phase the enemy unit with interceptor is free to choose any target as long as they can see them and they arrived that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    If the R'Varna had the options to take two ion accelerators, or two heavy burst cannons, or mix it up between two different weapons among the three primary guns, then that would have been epic and I'd already own two or three.
    Its weapons are arguably better IMO, but each to their own. It's not as strong as the Riptide, and the Y'vahra's loadout is a little schizophrenic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    You can't use the multi-tracker in any phase but the shooting phase so as well as Overwatch that would include Interceptor.
    Same thing applies for Monstrous Creature shooting now, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12