BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interceptor

Brother-Captain

Default Interceptor

Ok, I don't have my rulebook on me so I need to ask the forums: a friend said that if a unit with Interceptor fires using their rule that they can still fire as normal in their next shooting phase. Is that true or is he trying to blow smoke?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Depends on what he exactly said.
    You can use a weapon with interceptor and switch to another weapon next shooting phase.

For example a Dark Reaper Exarch could use a quad gun to intercept a Flyer in the enemy movement phase and then use his Missile Launcher in his own shooting phase. The "interceptor" rule is weapon bound, not model bound.

At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from Reserve within its range and line of sight. If this rule is used, the weapon cannot be fired in the next turn, but the firing model can shoot a different weapon if it has one.

Brother-Captain

Thanks for the clarification. He made it seem as if the weapon used to fire under the Interceptor USR could be used in the next shooting phase, even after firing in the enemy's turn.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

That is not the case there are a number of units with more than 1 weapon though so firing 1 in your movement phase then a different weapon in the shooting phase at a different target is allowed.

Cheap example a space marine sgt has interceptor and can fire his bolter in your movement phase and his bolt pistol in his shooting phase

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    That is not the case there are a number of units with more than 1 weapon though so firing 1 in your movement phase then a different weapon in the shooting phase at a different target is allowed.

Cheap example a space marine sgt has interceptor and can fire his bolter in your movement phase and his bolt pistol in his shooting phase
    How would he get Interceptor? It usually goes with a particular weapon (Quad guns, Icarus Lascannon etc.) so the sgt wouldn't have it unless there was some rule that allowed him to. And as far as I'm aware not even any of the 'mysterious objectives' grant that rule.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

I think it was just an example for illustration's sake, rather than something currently in-game. Although with the "give a special rule off this list to a Tac Squad" special ability that Cato Sicarus has, I could see Interceptor being slipped in as a grantable ability at some point.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Better example would be a Riptide firing its main weapon at a Drop Pod, then firing the secondary weapon at the occupants the next Shooting Phase it gets.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

On the subject of Riptides if it overheats I take it it carries through to the next round so it wouldn't be able to fire

Also the Nova Reactor if it didn't go off you couldn't take another nova roll till the next Tau round

And a Riptide is an MC so can't it shoot 2 weapons?

Brother-Captain

Three weapons, if the rules for MC and it's suit tech count together. Every suit comes standard with the multi-tracker that allows 2 weapons to be fired. But that's not a big worry.

Whatever Nova Reactor action that the controlling player took in his turn would still be in effect in his opponents turn, so that's no different from the continuation of other types of effects (ie. psykic powers).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Three weapons, if the rules for MC and it's suit tech count together. Every suit comes standard with the multi-tracker that allows 2 weapons to be fired. But that's not a big worry.
    Yes, they count together, I believe, the MT allows an additional weapon to be fired, not two. It may not sound like much, and it isn't for anyone but the Riptides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast