BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I've sent an inquiry into FW to get a clear answer. They were updated at one point to say "Hvy Tk" for unit type -- even the Conqueror.
    The current IA1 2nd edition FAQ on the FW site doesn't mention Heavy vehicles anywhere I can find. If it does somewhere It would make me happy.

Though if GW itself would FAQ the whole Ordnance thing that would make me even more happy. Maybe in 8th edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    When did you see the FAQ? I've never seen it listed as heavy. That to me looks more like a copy-paste oversight than anything. If there is a more recent FAQ than IAII 2nd Ed, I will happily update the rules I have in my head though.
    The FAQ in question was issued at the beginning of 6th edition, updating all FW vehicles to use the HP rules and 6th edition vehicle types (e.g. Heavy). Shortly thereafter, IA1, 2nd Ed was published, with rules updated to 6th Edition standards and adjusted points costs. We're currently waiting for a 7th edition FAQ for IA1, 2nd ed, which is said to be in the works.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    The current IA1 2nd edition FAQ on the FW site doesn't mention Heavy vehicles anywhere I can find. If it does somewhere It would make me happy.

Though if GW itself would FAQ the whole Ordnance thing that would make me even more happy. Maybe in 8th edition.
    Seems fairly clear that GW feels Ordnance is fine as it is, given how it's held for 2 Editions now.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Seems fairly clear that GW feels Ordnance is fine as it is, given how it's held for 2 Editions now.
    About as clear as usual GW rules writing. The way GW seems to want things to work (standard Leman Russ with all the guns firing normally as seen in every photo and story) versus what they've actually written (Ordnance causes snap shots so almost no one uses standard Russes anymore).

Or barrage hitting more precise than sniper rifles

Brother-Captain

I finally got a reply from FW:

Quote Originally Posted by Forge World
    Hi,
    Thank you for your email and please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to it. Imperial Armour volume 1, second Edition came out before the current Astra Militarum codex. If a tank is listed as a Leman Russ variant, then it is a Hvy Tank. This is likely to be appear in an updated FAQ for IA1 second edition at some point in the future.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
    Forge World
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Ooh, excited for an updated FAQ for IA1:2E. Forge World seem to do more with regards to altering unit rules and points costs when writing an FAQ, so it should be a nice change.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

So, following Forge World's response, as I see it the Conqueror is a decent looking option. It is a Heavy Vehicle with a main gun that is not ordnance and thus can fire all its weapons at normal ballistic skills. Just drop Pask in to make it extra fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12