BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I love that they are mostly 1 piece models bar the weapons and a few bits here and there. I hate multi-part kits for horde infantry. I think the price is quite good too. I like the Industrial look to them too, i'd wear it in a club for sure.

Forgeworld guys at Warhammer Fest confirmed they were going for an 'adapted, then codified' look to the armour, with this stuff being based off void suits - so a low tech cousin to the origins of Terminator Armour.

And yes. I'm sorely, sorely tempted!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Forgeworld guys at Warhammer Fest confirmed they were going for an 'adapted, then codified' look to the armour, with this stuff being based off void suits - so a low tech cousin to the origins of Terminator Armour.

And yes. I'm sorely, sorely tempted!
    Nice, I like how much thought they put into their models like that - It's the sort of thing I do myself with my own stuff.

Should also be easy to production-like these due to the way the sprues are done. Far more satisfying to work with than multi-part cadians/catachans imo.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I would buy all the female Ogryns. They would be ten kinds of awesome.

Female Unreal Juggernaughts FTW!
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

I don“t like the look of the barrles. They are not straight in line. Maybe there are mirrors in the front sektion ?

The helmets look far to maritim - like old deep diver suits.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter-Master

they sail through space
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Even with shipping to Canada 20 of these are cheaper then 20 Scions. Very tempting and I have to restart my Guard army anyway.

In an age of constant warfare, particularly in the case of 40k, it would seem pretty silly to send females out to fight: the Imperium needs soldiers not equal opportunity. My .02$

Also, it's a very small niche market (within the warhammer crowd) that wants female bits in their kits. If you want it that badly just mod it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Agmar View Post
    In an age of constant warfare, particularly in the case of 40k, it would seem pretty silly to send females out to fight: the Imperium needs soldiers not equal opportunity. My .02$
    I'm sorry, but did you think this through before you posted? 'cause it doesn't make a whole tonne of sense "we need all the soldiers we can get....but not ones with boobs because 20th century "reasons""....yeah.....
    Also, it's a very small niche market (within the warhammer crowd) that wants female bits in their kits. If you want it that badly just mod it.
    And also no, its not a niche market, female miniatures are CONSTANTLY being called for by the customers, but then GW doesn't do market research and has gone so far backward over the last 2-3 years in its represntation of women in the game...its sad, and just lame
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

They look like something out of an old science fiction movie

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I'm sorry, but did you think this through before you posted? 'cause it doesn't make a whole tonne of sense "we need all the soldiers we can get....but not ones with boobs because 20th century "reasons""....yeah.....

And also no, its not a niche market, female miniatures are CONSTANTLY being called for by the customers, but then GW doesn't do market research and has gone so far backward over the last 2-3 years in its representation of women in the game...its sad, and just lame
    Yep, Raging Heroes raised 800k for female soldiers just from people willing to back an idea so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Espenson
    If we can't write diversity into sci-fi, then what's the point? You don't create new worlds to give them all the same limits of the old ones
    Ignoring the fact women fighting for the IoM is canon, of all the many, many things about 40k that make no sense but people just roll with it's funny how the supposed problems with women fighting are the ones that get raised when this subject comes up. Like you can accept the utter insanity that is the IoM approach to technology which is completely inefficient and bull**** when trying to wage war but GOD FORBID THE WIMMINS MARCH TO WAR.

Anyway, won't derail further.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-19-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast