BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMonk View Post
    Thats not actually how it works for WM/H. The new books just add new units and caster. Nothing is ever taken away, re-pointed, gets its rules changed etc. Its just new units and warjacks/beasts added for each faction.

Oh and the story moves forward a little. But nobody iv ever met plays WM/H for the fluff.

But this is why a constantly moving forward story line constantly moving forward wouldn't work for GW. Each edition new units are added, taken away, re-pointed and their rules amended. New kits are made. Its a different set up. I think we will have EoT for about 6 months then a whole new edition will be released to set all the changes and gameplay "in stone2.
    That's the way I see it too, well written Beard'.

I can see the business side of it to keep evolving, keep coming out with new models and new rules and constant updates. Which, I wouldn't put past GW in the interest of generating ongoing revenue each year. But I don't think they'll be able to keep the process indefinitely and will eventually settle on a new edition released to set all changes in stone. I feel these individual army releases are addendums/updates leading to a larger compilation text. At least, that's what I'd hope for.

I for one, have always like games with narratives and running campaigns with purpose. I think WHFB is a rich environment where stories can unfold and great scenarios made. I know I've had a lot of fun with Storm of Magic and now the prospects of End Times.

Chapter-Master

It's more having to keep buying books to make sure I have all the rules for the new models.
    Their rules come with their models. You don't need to buy any of the books other than for fluff and core rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12