BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default SaviourAnarchy returns to the fore

Ladies, germs, and gentlemen of the broad. I have returned to Warhammer!

After taking a break for a few months I have had time to refresh myself and focus on other things. I am now returning to kick some face.

Ever loyal to our beloved God-Emperor, I am restarting with a fresh Space Marine project. I say fresh, they have existed for a long time, but I want them on the table.

For those of you who don't know, I am talking about my own homebrew Chapter, the Sons of Proteus. I am stuck however, I want a really unique and inspired colour scheme that isn't just 50 Shades of Space Grey. They have undergone 3 different colour schemes over the years, none that have particularly caught me. Any help would be hot.

Here are some details to get the ball rolling:

Chapter Name: Sons of Proteus (formerly: Proteus Warriors) (alternate (slang): Protean, Fireborn, Skyrunner)
    Progenitor Legion: Iron Hands
    Primarch: Ferrus Manus
    Founding: 24th
    Gene-seed Purity: Deviancy - Higher resistance to toxins and temperature variations than regular Astartes, pale skin, swirling red eyes.

Home World: Proteus (High Tech-level Volcanic Forge World)
    Recruiting Worlds: Skarn (feral ice world), Proxilis VI (post-apocalyptic world, ample in resources), Taritus II (jungle world, ample in resources, agricultural) and Taritus III (civilised temperate world)

Chapter Master: Forgemaster Virgil
    Current Strength: Near full strength
    Organisation: Unique (Chapter markings vary, HQ ranking is non-standard Codex due to strong ties with Mechanicum)

Forgemaster (Chapter Master and Chief Techmarine)
    Master of the Ordo Machina (Master of Sanctity)
    Pyrelord (Chief Librarian)
    Poisonmaster (Chief Apothecary)
    The Protean Guard (Honour Guard)
    1st Echelon
    2nd Echelon
    3rd Echelon
    4th Echelon
    5th Echelon
    6th Echelon
    Scout Company 1
    Scout Company 2

Chapter Tactics: Attrition Warfare and Extreme Conditions Engagements
    Demeanour: Adapt or Die
    War Cry: In fiery form we descend! (alternate: Fire falls upon you!)
    Trademark: Unusual technology (Mark 19 Draco Anti-Gravity Acceleration Pack, Mark 4 Protean Heavy Bolter, MIT Destroyer Rounds)

Colour Scheme:
    Turquoise and Brass (first iteration)
    Green and Brass (camo variation, draconic clan markings showing)
    Granite Grey and Brass (2nd iteration - latest, draconic clan markings showing)

Chapter Symbol:
    Original - The Red Omen (red skull surrounded by a cog)
    Current - The Red Dragon Rampant

Chapter Allies (primary):
    Adeptus Mechanicus
    Adeptus Titanicus
    Imperial Guard Regiments of the Protos Sector
    Imperial Navy

Chapter Enemies (primary):
    Servants of Chaos (all)

Notable Engagements:
    Uprising of Kaaros XI
    Battle for Uren's Reach
    Cleansing of Vigil's Fury
    Fall of Jourin XIV
    Rise of the Machines
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

For note: Proteus looks like Mustafar

[url]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mustafar[/url]

So basically you want to play white Salamanders with Iron Hand special rule....

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    So basically you want to play white Salamanders with Iron Hand special rule....
    Don't try to be too much of an arse.

Chapter-Master

In his defence, it's pretty difficult to make a custom chapter that couldn't be compared to at least one other, simply because the existing ones cover so much ground. I think it's pretty obvious he's put a lot of thought into the backround and what he wants though.

As for colour-schemes, if you want something different that might be a bit of a challenge, how about using coloured metallic somewhere in the scheme? I believe Forge world have attempted this with a few of the legions (Alpha legion with that metallic blue come to mind) and it looks pretty nice.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Coloured metallic could work, decent thought dude.

And no Charon, they don't use Flamers as staple weapons, they like Bolters, Assault Cannons, and Polearms. If anything they are closer to Iron Snakes than the Salamanders. Just because they live on a volcanic world, doesn't make them the Salamanders. (which was actually based off of Mustafar as posted above, and Jund from Magic the Gathering)
    Clearly someone isn't versed on Chapters or reading. xD

Chapter-Master

Maybe a metallic red or yellow then? to go with the volcanic theme.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I put the project on the drawing board again, decided to do something other than Marines for a ****ing change.

Dark Eldar ahoy!