BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Fury (2014)

Librarian

Default Fury (2014)

So this weekend I actually went out to a movie theater and saw Fury. First time in a theater since Die Another Day IIRC.

I nerded out so hard! Accurate tanks and the Bovington Tiger in a film (and running!), also props for appearances by a Panther, PZ IV. And stuarts to go with the differing shermans.

Its pretty gory, but I didnt think overtly so. Story wasnt anything spectacular but still enjoyable, and in the theater with the sound up really makes a difference

Overall I give it 3.5 ricochets out of 4 brewed up Shermans
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Wonder if it would be suitable for my ickle tank obsessed cousins.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

How old?

There is a decent amount of gore, like got shot in the face by a tank and i dont have a head anymore style gore

4-9, two of them are very mature and have watched Game of Thrones...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    So this weekend I actually went out to a movie theater and saw Fury. First time in a theater since Die Another Day IIRC.

I nerded out so hard! Accurate tanks and the Bovington Tiger in a film (and running!), also props for appearances by a Panther, PZ IV. And stuarts to go with the differing shermans.

Its pretty gory, but I didnt think overtly so. Story wasnt anything spectacular but still enjoyable, and in the theater with the sound up really makes a difference

Overall I give it 3.5 ricochets out of 4 brewed up Shermans
    Huh so props wise (props being tanks!) it's historicly accurate then? that must be a first for hollywood...

On a serious note is Shia his usual annoying self or does he acutually manage to act in this?
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

If theyve watched GoT they should be fine

I think some of the only innaccuracies are that:
    The tiger is incorrect for 1945 (bovington tiger being 1942/3)

The sherman has an extra mg up top (rare, not wrong)

And Fury is a M4A2E8 but could be M4A3E8 (but i cant recall off the top)

I didnt notice Shia too much, hes sorta preachy but hes playing the religious member of the crew. I found Bernthal's character much more annoying (but as im guessing hes supposed to.be that way...good on him)

So there's a proper amount of destruction in this one then? I recall seeing a trailer for it some months back, and I had the sinking feeling that it was going to be a Crimson Tide-type "two hours of arguing, and all of the combat in the movie happens in the trailer". I'm not saying that character drama is a bad thing, I just want to know what I'm walking in to.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?