BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RPGs

Default RPGs

Should blow tanks up, not be games.

Heh, indeed.

Dark Heresy is a lot of fun if you enjoy the possibility that your character will die while crossing the street.

Fly Lord

The adventure books look fantastic, and yes I have heard the weapon damage table can lead to some rather entertaining results.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Bleh... I don't like Dark heresy much at all.

Now, that being said, the campaign that I played in was a blast. However, that was in spite of the system, not because of it.

40k Roleplaying has a lot of potential, I just wish we had a system for it that didn't suck.

Veteran-Sergeant

I like it primarily for the ability to convert a single miniature, changing them as they commit different acts. Now acting as you were the character may be a little bit out there...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    Now acting as you were the character may be a little bit out there...
    That would be the "Role-playing" part in the "Role-playing Game". =p

Not really as 'out there' as you think.

Scout

Now now, even though the system is pretty easy compared to other RPGs (boom!) i must say that their expansions does the whole thing worthwhile, playing as a battle sister is teh ****?

Absolutely. Dark Heresy is far from the best RPG (boom!) out there. The system has a number of issues and isn't always the best way to get across what you're trying to do. But at the same time, I have found it to be a very effective introduction to the 40K universe for complete novices, and veterans of the system can come up with increasingly crazy modifications to bring in ever more fun. I.E. playing as orks, cultists, tyranids, tau, etc.

Initiate

I've played Warhammer Fantasy RPG for years, but haven't tried Dark Heresy yet. I did give the Rogue Trader demo scenario a spin, and it wasn't too bad. A buddy bought all the DH books, but he found Magic, and he has little spare time now, sadly. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to play it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast