BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Metal imperial guard

I play Praetorians because I had a buttload of them in storage....and I like the old metal figures. What old IG army do you play and why?
    Last edited by crazyredpraetorian; 07-24-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: editorial reasons.LOL

Default Mordians

I play Mordians because I've always loved their dress uniforms. It's also really cool to be able to go to a national GT with them and know that no one else will have an army that comes close to resembling them...unless of course you're there crazyredpraetorian.

Btw, thanks again for those Praetorian causalities. I made some pretty cool objective markers with em.

I still think we need to get an Apoc game metal IG Vs. Nids. There are a couple of guys that play on Friday @ BFG that have Praetorians and Mordians. It could be a truly epic battle!

Veteran-Sergeant

I play a "Black Ops" IG army with =I= Allies (actually it's his army).

I'm using a wide variety of new and old models.
    I've got two vet squads; one is made from Necromunda Delaques. I call them the "Serpent Syndicate", a criminal organisation my Inquisitor infiltrated and took over decades ago. They have the doctrine that gives them camo cloaks and snare mines. They ride in a Valkyre with a Commisar Lord who keeps an eye on them.
    My second vet squad is led by Harker; using the old Necro Orlock heavy bolter model to represent him. The rest of the squad is a mix of old metal Catachans, Tanith ghosts (the girl model) and necro Orlocks. My other two troops are penal legion made up of the FW renegade milita with Cadian legs, arms and lasguns. I GS's over the chaos symbols and call them The Droogs. Basically when my Inquisitor needs bodies to throw at the enemy he visits the local prison and "recruits" some inmates, fits them with chem-inhalers and sets them to their task.

A Stormtrooper (IG) squad, a pair of Valkyries a Callidus assassin and Guardsman Marbo rounds out the army.

If I choose, nothing will start on the table. Everything can deep strike, outflank or just appear.
    It doesn’t win many games, but is sure fun to play with or against.

Dosadi

Evil Midnight Bomber

Hey Dosadi, that does sound like a fun army to play -- don't know about how much fun to play against with all the deep striking and infltrating going on but hey, it still sounds fun.

You've kind of hit on the same "theme" I've been approaching the =I= army I've been thinking of. I want to make it because it'll be the "fun" army (hopefully). Can't say I'm going to be using any IG elements, though -- I'll either go mostly Sisters or mostly GKs -- maybe even a little of both.

We'll see -- I'm still in the conceptual stages with it, and there's a lot of stuff going on right now to start a brand new project, so it'll probably begin to take shape late in the year -- here's hoping, anyway.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Veteran-Sergeant

The army is really inspired by the Dan Abnett Inquisition novels and the ol' Inquisitor game. It’s an Ordo Hereticus Strike Team and I decided that there would be no power armour in the army as fluff wise, it’s all about hunting cults, mutants and, witches. So the two most powerful things in the army are the Inquisitor and the Calidus Assassin. I’ve got enough power armour in my other armies and this way I can really use some obscure old models and convert up some cool looking henchmen. Right now it’s 1500 points, but with Planetstrike I’m going to pump it to 2000 with the addition of more elites (3 deathcult assassins) a third HQ (Sanctioned Psyker) and possibly a squad of Seraphim (they are just so cool, I’ll break my rule ).

I’ll post a full list in the Army List forum when I get a chance.

Dosadi

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    The army is really inspired by the Dan Abnett Inquisition novels and the ol' Inquisitor game. It’s an Ordo Hereticus Strike Team and I decided that there would be no power armour in the army as fluff wise, it’s all about hunting cults, mutants and, witches. So the two most powerful things in the army are the Inquisitor and the Calidus Assassin. I’ve got enough power armour in my other armies and this way I can really use some obscure old models and convert up some cool looking henchmen. Right now it’s 1500 points, but with Planetstrike I’m going to pump it to 2000 with the addition of more elites (3 deathcult assassins) a third HQ (Sanctioned Psyker) and possibly a squad of Seraphim (they are just so cool, I’ll break my rule ).

I’ll post a full list in the Army List forum when I get a chance.

Dosadi
    It sounds cool. I'd like to see pics.

Scout

I played Steel Legion for a while, but then I saw the West Wind German gas mask heads, so I just snagged a few of those and plastered them on my hundreds of useless Cadian bodies. Suprisingly, if the Cadian bodies have good, normal sized heads, they actually look pretty cool.

I am a bit hard core...when it comes to Pewter IG.

I am allergic to CA glue so I try to minimize my exposure by collecting Pewter armies.

I have at least a platoon of every GW released IG.

My main armies are Valhallan and Steel legion. Over 500 Infantry between them.

My particular point of pride is my Steel legion conscripts. All Ash Waste Nomads.

Evil Midnight Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I am a bit hard core...when it comes to Pewter IG.

I am allergic to CA glue so I try to minimize my exposure by collecting Pewter armies.

I have at least a platoon of every GW released IG.

My main armies are Valhallan and Steel legion. Over 500 Infantry between them.

My particular point of pride is my Steel legion conscripts. All Ash Waste Nomads.
    Wow, sorry to hear about that allergy, that's...unfortunate, but you've managed to turn it into a positive and that's quite an accomplishment!
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast