BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Battle-Brother
    Moyeuvre-Grande, Lorraine, France, France

I personnally play old metal cadian models, mostly because they look awesome and not like those cheap new cadians ... but also because I started playing IG with those models ...

I play an tallarn old school Tallarn army. Ever since I first started playing 40k I've always wanted a tallarn force of desert warriors. Then a few years back I found a great deal on an army and now its fully pained and fielded. Including my 12 flamer conversions from old grenade launcher miniatures.

Scout

All desert raider force (odd considering the name right?) I use origional stormtroopers for the command HQ and 2x platoons of 3x squads of raiders. For my veteran squads I use House Escher models and the conscripts are cadain / catachan plastic hybrids in bright orange jump suits...

I even managed to pick this guy up one day... never seen another one like him:

With a little work (and a silencer) he came out thusly:

If anyone out there knows anything about where this guy came from id sure love to hear it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    if the rumour I heard recently of all-plastic IG regiments is coming true, then I'm going to have a lot of grumpy little Mordians.
    I hear you! The only thing I could hope for is that the plastic models have armor plates on the outside (maybe similar to cadian pattern armor). At least that way I'd have something I could use as Mordian storm troopers if I ever decide to add those

I dont really play and "old" metal guard army but I have about 150 vostroyans for my infantry company I made, just working on making that a mechanized company now. Carrying my army is becoming a work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    I hear you! The only thing I could hope for is that the plastic models have armor plates on the outside (maybe similar to cadian pattern armor). At least that way I'd have something I could use as Mordian storm troopers if I ever decide to add those
    You should check out Dave's Mordians. He did a really nice Mordian headswap onto cadian bodies. He's usually @ BFG on Friday nights.

Veteran-Sergeant

I used to run a steel legion force , sld them all though cause I went a diffeent rout with my guard but i miss them a little . I lie to convert a lot so I am more into lastics now a day .

My IG army is mostly the old metal Cadian models. I like the look of them better than the newer Cadian plastics. They are different enough also that I don't feel like I could expand my army with the newer plastics and not have them look out of place. Fortuantly I still have some old metal Cadians I haven't built yet to keep expanding with.

I also collected a squad of vallhallans, mordians and Tallarn troops when they came out. Gave the desert troops to my brother and use the mordians as vetrans from time to time. The valhallans are too out of place for me to use any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    If anyone out there knows anything about where this guy came from id sure love to hear it...
    Only to say no I've never seen that model before either, maybe a sculptors training piece? Unusual models like that do turn up from time to time as limited runs.

Battle-Brother

Hi everyone!

Nice thread, Ill start off with some reasons to collect metal IG and then move on to my collection:

Plastic Cadians are to big for my taste, with a size comparison with space marines they are almos comparable!!
    Then there are som inherent limitations of multicomponent plastics: The arms cannot be tucked in, giving the models a to big 3D volume. Ad to that the huge helmets, shoulderpads..

Catachans: Faces are just awfull, arms to... but I guess I didnt have to tell that one!

So my collection:

The base is Mordian infantry platoons.

For mechanised/veterans I use Steel legion.

Penal legion: Delaque gangers

Conscripts: Tallarn

Old ratling snipers..

Rough riders: Tallarn

Planned: Priests/Redemptionist gangers, Psyker battle squads/Sanctioned psykers

The army takes inspiration from the German WWII North African (Dessert) Army for colourscheme etc.

Hey, I even started a mordian Facebook group for thoose interested in showing of their models/battles!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast