BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Another Praetorian IG player here.

Ive a large collection of the Vostroyans Ive been putting together which I hope to start painting this winter when its to cold outside to do anything else. Also with the new IG vehicle kits coming out now I can model the tanks I want for the army.

Two IG regiments: Cadian (main) and Valhallan (secondary).

The Valhallans, while limited in their opportunity to convert, ooze class.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I am a bit hard core...when it comes to Pewter IG.

I am allergic to CA glue so I try to minimize my exposure by collecting Pewter armies.

I have at least a platoon of every GW released IG.

My main armies are Valhallan and Steel legion. Over 500 Infantry between them.

My particular point of pride is my Steel legion conscripts. All Ash Waste Nomads.
    How do you keep everything together?

Librarian

Default Valhallan

I have a large Valhallan army (renamed the "Varangian 37th Guards" though). However, the Stormtroopers are Kaskrin while the conscripts are Tallarn. The latter have been given beards and torn-clothing courtesy of green stuff. I remodelled the basic Valhallan lasgun to carry drum clips so they would look more like PPsh submachine guns from WWII. I like the poses, but the metal army is damn heavy and the paint chips much more easily than plastic. I'd love to see a plastic Valhallan line come out. I have been hearing since 1998 that it is due to arrive any minute.

Battle-Brother

I have 100+ Cadians and 100+ Praetorians that will be my army project for 2010. I love the character of the metal Cadians and how can anyone not love the pith helmet and dress uniforms of the Praetorians.

Woah mis post wrong thread.

Awesomest first post ever.
    Last edited by Jackmojo; 07-31-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: total failure

How do you keep everything together?
    I do use CA Glue(havent found anything else that works) but with lots of fans and ventalation, Then with a lot of coughing and sneezing for a day after. That is why I try to minimize using it.

The Valhallans, while limited in their opportunity to convert, ooze class.
    Oh yeah... Nothing says class like Valhallans. Unfortunatly a hard army to have ally with any other IG. Usually due to the snow bases.

Chaplain

Not a big fan of metal models, I prefer the flexibility and individuality (and relative cost) of plastics - and if the rumour I heard recently of all-plastic IG regiments is coming true, then I'm going to have a lot of grumpy little Mordians.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I do use CA Glue(havent found anything else that works) but with lots of fans and ventalation, Then with a lot of coughing and sneezing for a day after. That is why I try to minimize using it.

Oh yeah... Nothing says class like Valhallans. Unfortunatly a hard army to have ally with any other IG. Usually due to the snow bases.
    Norseman, have you tried Bob Smith Indutries Glue? They make an odoress/vaporless glue that may help you out. A friend of mine has chronic allergies and asthma and it worked real well for him. Here is a link to their site [url]http://www.bsi-inc.com/[/url] . Quite a few hobby stores carry their brand. Hobby Town comes to mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast