BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Battle-Brother

Default Mordian 95th Rifles

I run an all metal Guard force. Loosely based on the Bernard Cornwell's 95th Rifles. All the Mordians are in the Green jackets of the 95th, all other non-Mordians in the army are in traditional redcoats w/ white pants of a british trooper in the Napoleonic era.

It is a themed army. I only take Veteran squads as troops, with as many sniper rifles as possible. Still have to find a suitable model to represent Sharpe, and Harper. I have "Pask" painted up in a Leman Russ, but I call him Hornblower.

I had this army on the shelf, in primer for over 15 years. The new Guard book got me painting, started in March, and finished up all that I had a couple weeks ago.

You can see all the entire journey at....

[URL="http://Mordian95thRifles.blogspot.com"]Mordian95thRifles.blogspot.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    All desert raider force (odd considering the name right?) I use origional stormtroopers for the command HQ and 2x platoons of 3x squads of raiders. For my veteran squads I use House Escher models and the conscripts are cadain / catachan plastic hybrids in bright orange jump suits...

I even managed to pick this guy up one day... never seen another one like him:

With a little work (and a silencer) he came out thusly:

If anyone out there knows anything about where this guy came from id sure love to hear it...

GW did a special Ash Wastes army years ago(99 or 00). It was Mail Order only. This model may be from that, but I'm not positive.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by mordiano View Post
    Hi everyone!

Nice thread, Ill start off with some reasons to collect metal IG and then move on to my collection:

Plastic Cadians are to big for my taste, with a size comparison with space marines they are almos comparable!!
    Then there are som inherent limitations of multicomponent plastics: The arms cannot be tucked in, giving the models a to big 3D volume. Ad to that the huge helmets, shoulderpads..

Catachans: Faces are just awfull, arms to... but I guess I didnt have to tell that one!

So my collection:

The base is Mordian infantry platoons.

For mechanised/veterans I use Steel legion.

Penal legion: Delaque gangers

Conscripts: Tallarn

Old ratling snipers..

Rough riders: Tallarn

Planned: Priests/Redemptionist gangers, Psyker battle squads/Sanctioned psykers

The army takes inspiration from the German WWII North African (Dessert) Army for colourscheme etc.

Hey, I even started a mordian Facebook group for thoose interested in showing of their models/battles!!
    -See, scale creep! That is what I'm on about!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Oh yeah... Nothing says class like Valhallans. Unfortunatly a hard army to have ally with any other IG. Usually due to the snow bases.
    You don't have to use snowbases. Check out the beautiful Valhallans on the BoLS Pic-of-the-Day today (8/3/09). Wow, those are nice! Hint, hint, wink, wink...

Veteran-Sergeant

I myself have my first love Valhallans mixed with a select few steel legions, called the 22nd Motorized. as often as I see some I buy them, collected over 400+ so far. but I also have a 200+ plastic cadians (216th Selarik Drop Regiment) mixed with some OLD 2nd ed IG lead figs. These form my vet squads.

I picked up the Vostroyan platoon box as my first purchase because I liked the historical look of the minis and decided that I wanted to play imperial guard. 3 years down the road I will praise and loath my all metal guardsmen! At the time I didnt realize that plastic minis would be much cheaper but cadians didnt excite me that much anyway. So my wallet cries when I think of how much I've invested into them but at the same time they always get noticed when I take them out to a tournament or a gaming store out of town.

I love old minis tho, not because the sculpts are better or anything (I think GW has done a great job lately with minis) but just for the character that they have. I love seeing old school guard armies and old EC armies hit the table.

Brother-Sergeant

I run a Penal Legion which is comprised of mainly new cadians, but has classic models from most of the old regiments interspersed amongst the squads (the idea is that once assigned to the unit, they are required to dye thier uniforms orange upon joing the legion). I also use my many necromunda gangs (going on 4 now) as penal legion troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredpraetorian View Post
    Norseman, have you tried Bob Smith Indutries Glue? They make an odoress/vaporless glue that may help you out. A friend of mine has chronic allergies and asthma and it worked real well for him. Here is a link to their site [url]http://www.bsi-inc.com/[/url] . Quite a few hobby stores carry their brand. Hobby Town comes to mind.
    Thanks for the heads up i will try this glue out... anything to get away from the 3 days of recovery after a marathon gluing session.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    All desert raider force (odd considering the name right?) I use origional stormtroopers for the command HQ and 2x platoons of 3x squads of raiders. For my veteran squads I use House Escher models and the conscripts are cadain / catachan plastic hybrids in bright orange jump suits...

I even managed to pick this guy up one day... never seen another one like him:

With a little work (and a silencer) he came out thusly:

If anyone out there knows anything about where this guy came from id sure love to hear it...
    Can't see the pics as most photo hosting sites are blocked here at work.

There are two sets of Ash Waste Nomads... The newer and the VERY old

New
    [url]http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Necromunda_1999_onwards_-_Collectors_Guide[/url]

Old
    [url]http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Necromunda_First_Releases_(Confrontation)_-_Collectors_Guide[/url]

Both are pretty hard to get a hold of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234