BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I used to love playing my Grey Knights as the army was a blast to play due to it's combinations provided by the henchmen and inquisitors, even more so when Psyker Henchmen could pick almost any power. There were just so many fun combinations and psychic potential. But the recent release of the codex has taken a good portion of that enjoyment away.

Now what's left of my army is unusable due to only having 3 grey knights units with no 2nd troops choice or HQ, plus 2 rifledreads that have been made expensive and less effective. The result being... I just can't don't feel any passion or drive to rebuild my grey knight army, so I'm thinking of putting them in storage and giving a Tau Battlesuit army a try instead. I imagine it will be very fun army to play given that your always moving and even thou you often be outnumbered you'll have enough firepower to match most armies.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Banned

Could you not ally with the Inquisition codex to achieve a similar build?
    I hear what you're saying though. Sometimes a new book or new edition lessens the enjoyment of the game or army. The only cure is to try something new. Try a new army, with a wildly different playstyle and aesthetic. You never know, you might come back to your GK at some stage with renewed vigour! Plus it lets you buy new toys without that "I have so many already" guilt.

Orks, got to be Orks; come on how can you not like putting on a gruff 'Hollywood cockney bully boy' accent and shoutin' fings like "more shootin' and less dyin' yer gits"
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Orks, got to be Orks; come on how can you not like putting on a gruff 'Hollywood cockney bully boy' accent and shoutin' fings like "more shootin' and less dyin' yer gits"
    with - orkz - though not got the new codex yet !
    against - mawines of any flavour cos they just fail and its hilarious !

Chaplain

I think any army that has a lot of different ways to deploy ends up being fun to play. It's the armies that can only deploy in one fashion (I'm looking at YOU, Tyranids!) that can get stale quickly.

My favorite is Blood Angels because I built these two different armies that really confound my opponents:

1 Reclus
    7 Dreads in drop pods
    5 DC
    5 Scouts

and
    1 Reclus
    25 DC, jump packs, power weapons, TH, and CC weapons
    5 Scouts

I really don't care for any of the lore, fluff and space vampire bits, but I love how flexible and outlandish lists you can make.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Orks, without a doubt, immediate answer. I continue to play them even though I could win much more easily with other armies, because they're so bloody fun. Not just to play, but to model. Off the table, you can have fun throwing together insane models and trying out crazy paint schemes. On the table, you get to play with crazy weapons and wargear, sometimes it'll work brilliant, other times it'll be horrible. And you can imagine the boyz slapping each other around when you fail a morale test. You can just let yourself go wild with Orks, having all kinds of fun, and people will think it's absolutely normal... because with Orks, it is normal!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I have actually, on more than one occasion, said to my Orks, "Stop dying, you cowards!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Renegades and Heretics of Vraks. I just love seeing my command headquarters having to make a leadership check, getting a 5 leadership, and promptly abandoning their comrades to their fate! (On the other hand, I've also had a command squad make every ld check on a 5 as well.)

I also enjoy Sisters of Battle. Of course, that's at least partially because, up until recently, I was the only one around here who played them. But it is fun to have Dominions outflank behind people with 2+ cover saves, make the act of faith to negate their cover save, then proceed to melta gun them to death. Techmarines with thunderfire cannon in reinforced ruins just hate that. And the sheer amount of flamethrowers you can bring. All I can say is, yes, please.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

I love playing my Eldar as there are so many cool ways to put the army together and they look amazing. I used to really enjoy my Space Wolves but shelved them a few years back to focus on my Eldar and I was tired of painting baby blue grey. I do look forward to returning to them soon with a Pre-Heresy Grey colour scheme though.

I love playing against certain Chaos builds and I adore Orks. The average Ork player is as unhinged as their army and you can see some spectacular conversions too. They are fun to play against.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Most people that play against my sisters enjoy themselves. It's usually a tight game as the codex isn't broke, and people enjoy blowing up knights for some reason.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast