BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tau broadsides and interceptor - movement and snap shots

Here's one that came up the other week

Tau Broadside missile platform has interceptor but has moved in its previous turn unlike the jetpack infantry they don't appear to have relentless

My unit deep strikes to melta them up the bum, they of course have interceptor but

As far as I can see they moved in the proceeding movement phase thus had to snap fire, my opponent was in a bit of a froth about this and was adamant that this was not the case.

The stuff in the book I've found refers to Turn and your shooting phase common gripe GW made an exception and it seems like its not specifically catered for. You'd think the snap shots applied for the game turn till there next movement but as with all things if someone really wants it to work in their favor they will argue that black is the new white

Any page ref's will be helpful - thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    Tau Broadside missile platform has interceptor but has moved in its previous turn unlike the jetpack infantry they don't appear to have relentless
    Correct. They used to have an option to get Slow and Purposeful, but that was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post
    As far as I can see they moved in the proceeding movement phase thus had to snap fire, my opponent was in a bit of a froth about this and was adamant that this was not the case.

The stuff in the book I've found refers to Turn and your shooting phase common gripe GW made an exception and it seems like its not specifically catered for. You'd think the snap shots applied for the game turn till there next movement but as with all things if someone really wants it to work in their favor they will argue that black is the new white
    Apologies, no available page numbers due to using ebook for reference.

Heavy weapons can be fired if the model moved in the preceding Movement Phase, but they will be fired as Snap Shot. (See Heavy under Weapons after the Shooting Phase).

Interceptor shots are performed at the end of a Movement Phase, so a full Movement Phase has not completely passed since he could move. (See Interceptor under Special Rules near the end of the book).

Therefore, the movement at of a Heavy Weapon model user in their own Movement Phase will affect their shooting Interceptor shots as much as their Attacks in their own Shooting Phase.