BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's missing?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I NEVER EVER WANT TO SEE THAT IN 40K.

Not after what GW is potentially doing with endtimes (I say potentially because given that they refuse to discuss ANYTHING with the community means that I wont invest in endtimes until I know I wont be screwed over by them arbitrarily destroying parts of my army because they are "old" or whatever bull**** reason they come up with
    Are you just a parody of yourself at this point? You're literally getting mad at something that hasn't and probably won't happen

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Are you just a parody of yourself at this point? You're literally getting mad at something that hasn't and probably won't happen
    wow, I am in awe of your ability to read tone from text, caveat and all....did you actually read the caveat?

I'm not mad at GW, I am merely hesitant of the complete unknown that is the future of fantasy and GWs refusal to interact with their customers merely exacerbates that hesitancy and makes that unknown financially dangerous for the customers.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I can see where daboarder is coming from - The hobby is at least for some of us a lot of money, and when you don't know what's coming it can create hesitation as there is simply a big giant question mark floating over what you want to know before you spend money on something. I think he is merely being cautious.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Webway creatures

The Tau client races alone would be interesting, an expansion on Kroot as some sort of supplement or mini-Codex at least. Most of them merely work with the Tau rather than fully devote themselves to them, so there's a lot of scope for them working autonomously.

R.e. the humanoid subtype of alien being so prevalent, there is scientific backing that this could be an archetype that would be common amongst technologically advanced species. Heck, even among that subtype there are aliens that it seems impossible to become a technological civilisation. For example, how the heck do the Elcor even build anything?

Still, proof will be in the pudding if we ever get out into the stars.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

I'd like to see more lower level detail in 40k, all around! Stuff like necromunda, gorkamorka etc I love because its so low level inside the universe!

40k is amazing because of its scale! But I'd love to find out more, and play more at a lower level! Not that I don't love the high level perspective talking about sector spanning crusades lasting years and talking about events on a yearly basis etc, but I love it when battles and campaigns are fleshed out down to the lowest levels, down to what happened each day etc!

As an example I've been toying with the idea of creating my own necromunda style rule set, based amongst the dark eldar down at the grotty upstarts level! Not even a hint at anything that is relevant on the grand scale of 40k, but is so utterly relevant to those upstarts trying to make a reputation for themselves!

Heh. I sold the lot. It was kind of like Bilbo letting go of the one ring. Once I did it and the stuff passed from my possession I felt better immediately. So what is missing for me? Players and regular games. The poorly balanced game, the glittering generality setting, and the outrageous prices didn't drive me from the game. I did, after all, already have enough models to play without buying anything. What caused me to sell it off was the fact that pick up games in my area fell through the floor. My shelf space is just too valuable to waste on things which don't get regular use.

I realize that Mr. Mystery was looking for a "in setting" answer, but I think it bears mentioning that actually having a community that is growing rather than vanishing is what is required.

Chaplain

H
    Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    I'd like to see more lower level detail in 40k, all around! Stuff like necromunda, gorkamorka etc I love because its so low level inside the universe!

40k is amazing because of its scale! But I'd love to find out more, and play more at a lower level! Not that I don't love the high level perspective talking about sector spanning crusades lasting years and talking about events on a yearly basis etc, but I love it when battles and campaigns are fleshed out down to the lowest levels, down to what happened each day etc!

As an example I've been toying with the idea of creating my own necromunda style rule set, based amongst the dark eldar down at the grotty upstarts level! Not even a hint at anything that is relevant on the grand scale of 40k, but is so utterly relevant to those upstarts trying to make a reputation for themselves!
    While not Games Workshop stuff Fantasy Flight Games series of RPGs set in the 40K universe does a pretty good job fleshing out the "day to day" stuff of the Imperium. Little things like what money is used for example makes a fluff monkey like me happy.

I can second that. FFG have done a bang up job with the roleplay game.

If only my Rogue Trader hadn't leapt off that archeotech Titan to escape the Genestealers, and then had the Ultramarine land on him (true story!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Yeah, I love the ffg stuff!! Own most of their "big" books, despite never having actually played any of their rpgs XD(would love to!).

Also love the amount of novels we get from black library these days, a lot more details about normal stuff gets thrown in to those which I love!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast