BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's missing?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    Yeah, I love the ffg stuff!! Own most of their "big" books, despite never having actually played any of their rpgs.
    Same here... I really enjoy the extra backstory that things like this flush out.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Dark Heresy is my first roleplay, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it a my semi-pacifistic Priest who refuses to kill humans, (but burned so many Orks and has 70 Medicae after his third session!)

As far as the game shrinking, over here for us it's been steadily growing. However, I think that the majority of users online are US, which seems to be a lot more oriented around the tournament scene and how that's growing or shrinking.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

CoffeeGrunt do you have a source for the research you mentioned? Sounds like an interesting read.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Well let's start with filling the holes in themes that are not represented in the game as a full focused force...
    Chaos book did well to represent most of chaos, but left out Iron Warriors although a formerly valid argument was they were represented with IG allies which has changed in 7th. The same is true with Night Lords, no thematic representation as well as no character slots that fill their needs. And I don't think I need to get into the idea of a unified chaos cult book for the 4 factions that went full retard.

Iron hands, not considering the single forge world model, lack a character as well... MotF should at least be a captain teir(3wound) model for them as well. A Chapter master servo harness option would be enough to feel like a clan forge father, which the Clan Rakkan supplement seemed to avoid doing like the plague.

On the topic of mechanicus... A list for the priesthood of mars would be neat, the fluff is rich enough for both a loyalist and dark mech "sales opportunity" aka split book if they play it right.

IG has a ton of intentionally left holes in it... From Marbo and themeatic chatachan unit builds, to bringing the Elysian and DKoK out from under the Forge world legitimacy greyarea.

Also strangely the other newer books are ripe with discussed characters, with no entry or representation at all... Inquisition screams for getting Eisenhorn, Orks could stand to see where Wazdakka's crusade went, Dark eldar lack closure on Vect.

Personally I think this December is going to be an interesting one, with the return of the advent calendar that went so well last year.

Initiate

Squats!

Chapter-Master

Only fifteen posts too slow

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123