BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark Eldar Reavers are goooood!

Hi,

When i first read the new Reavers Bladevane -rules, i thought they were nerfed...NOPE! It´s so much better, i wish i had more Reavers now! S4 rending and possibly 3 x d6 S6 with rending is AWESOME! In a desperate attempt to get the Relic in the last BATREP, i Rapid Fired with the Warriors and shot 3 x Blasters in to Terminators and charged them and wiped them out (there was about 4 + Arjak, in the beginning of the shooting phase)! Much more versatile, and with 3+ Jink and T4 are awesome! Only Ignores cover or flamers are a nuisance...

plus, i kit them out so, that three of them have the Blaster and the Cluster Caltrops. Keep them in the back and i have six "cannon fodder" in the front, to carry them through the table, it works! Maybe stick in a Farseer (when i´m done playing pure DE for a while) on bike to boost LD and give some extra punch to the bunch!

Love em!

- Lost Vyper
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 10-23-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

just splot them in cc.

losing the overfly attack imo has turned them from threat unit to 'fast' skirmish/snipe although fnp boost and point drop still makes them viable

i think if you were running them in units larger than a trio - i would target them as an easy kill.

Yep, i wasn´t crazy, this was turn 4 and it had to be done. But now they have a CHANCE to do something and Hit & Run is nice too. They just zoomed the first turn, took fire, shot & attacked the building with the Long Fangs (we have house rules for the buildings, everything is more logical now. People even USE the buildings now ). And survived the game, even doing damage to a Drop Pod in the last turn...

My MVP was the Talos (just one!) thou, cleared Murderfang, one Rune Priest and a squad of Grey Hunters and remains of another GH-squad...need.more.of.those.too.

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Still not convinced.
    People tend to forget that you have to be actually in B2B contact for the HOW attacks to trigger.

And? All the old Bladevanes were pretty useless against armor 2+ or 3+. You had to get a HUGE amount of wounds, to do damage. Now, especially with Caltrops, rending affects HUGELY...oh, i´m going to test more of them of course, but i´m just happy, that most of the things i thought was crap in the new codex, seem to work...new PfP = MUCH better, in the 5th turn, that Fearless is awesome, if holding fe. The Relic/Objective with a Warrior -squad out on the open and still getting blasted --> survivors don´t flee...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Thanks for the tips. I kind of had this thought when I read through the book - need more of these guys!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

You´re welcome, if these dudes had the 3+ armor save, that Eldar Jetbikes get...best units in the game ...well, gotta be happy, until guys at my FLGC learn how to deal with them (as it happens all the time, when i get something new and exiting...)...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Now, especially with Caltrops, rending affects HUGELY
    IF you manage to get the models with caltrops into b2b contact. Thats always a gamble with random charge ranges. most of the time I only manage to get 3 of 6 into b2b while the rest is 1-2" behind (so still in range to attack but not in b2b so no HOW hits).
    And somehow I keep reading that people kill 5 Terminators with their 10 + 2d6 HOW hits and I wonder if the terminators in question are standing on dreadnought bases...

Got to say I preferred the old way, fly by shooting (bladevane attack) was awesome with 10 of the things, even marines lost a lot of guys against that. Yesterday my Reavers got butchered by a bunch of orks.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Have you tried the new rules? And as for the Terminators. I had only 3 x Cluster Reavers + 1 regular left = dead Terminators...and, if you read the original post, the shooting with Blasters took care of some. So if i remember correctly, the CC killed three, i believe?

The point : They can ACTUALLY DO something in CC, if in dire straits...and i like them.

Try the new rules out and please do tell, if your game went either way!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast