BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helbrutes

Default Helbrutes

Hi folks, I've painted up a Dark Vengeance Helbrute for my Night Lords force, and have recently received another two- one of which is another DV Helbrute which I intend to convert using the extra weapons from the Helbrute box. That gives me three Helbrutes to play around with. Any thoughts on how to equip the other two?
    Also, I heard one of the Helbrute formations is quite tasty (the one which lets them infiltrate). Is that a free formation or one you have to pay for?
    Thanks in anticipation of replies.

I'mm pretty sure the formation your talking about lets them deep strike, can't remember it's name but I know it comes with two other ones and isnt too expensive.

The special formations for Helbrutes are in this:
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Dataslate-Helbrutes.html[/url]

I used to use the Helcult back in 6th ed, but it's near-useless now since those Cultists don't have objective secured in 7th.

With three Helbrutes, you'll want to look at the Mayhem pack, which I believe consists of 3 Helbrutes that can deepstrike and come in on one reserve roll. Their baseline Powerfist & Multimelta combo is pretty good for close-quarters and they'll likely die afterwards anyway, so more incentive to keep them cheap.

Chaplain

^^^What he said. That's probably the best use of 'em right now - it's a great "distraction" technique to keep your opponent wrong-footed!

The Helcult ain't too bad, IMO. Yah, you lost objective secured, but if memory serves, your cultists are fearless and your Helbrute gets a 3+ cover save from the wall of cultist flesh!
    Last edited by Captain Bubonicus; 10-25-2014 at 10:54 AM.

The best way to run your Helbrutes is straight into the bin.

Nol is right. The model is amazing, the rules suck. The best way to run a helbrtue is to omit them.

Chaplain

Lightbulb

Am I right in thinking that dreadnought close combat weapons don't strike last? So that thunder hammer is going to go down really well against other dreads for those long rock-em sock-em style combats. Probably best with the multi melta there...

I guess like like all things the weapon loadout can help plug gaps in your army. If you have little long ranged firepower, deploying with las cannon/missiles could be helpful. But depending on your army build.

Walkers strike at Imitative, so they will strike before Thunder Hammers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Macharius View Post
    Walkers strike at Imitative, so they will strike before Thunder Hammers.
    Or to put it another way, Unwieldy does not affect Walkers and Monstrous Creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nol View Post
    The best way to run your Helbrutes is straight into the bin.
    lol. even three is just a fire magnet.

question: what unit can crappy T3 eldar hump all over in close combat ?

answer - 3 hellbrutes ! [they really dont like firedragons/scorpz/warlocks/shinyspearz]

bring back the 4+ iv save ? they might be worth it !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast