BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default 40k MMO to be unveiled at 2010 E3

[URL="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/warhammer-40k-mmo-to-be-unveiled-at-e3"]via Eurogamer[/URL]

THQ has promised to "fully unveil" the new Warhammer 40K MMO at this summer's E3 2010.

Boss Brian Farrell told investors this IP could run for several years, and therefore represents the "highest ranking revenue opportunity" the publisher has.

Farrell added that in Warhammer 40K, THQ has a "very competitive MMO".

So far we know little about the game. Darksiders' Vigil Games will develop under the creative lead of Joe Madureira - presumably alongside the Darksiders sequel due out before April next year.

Madureira's said combat will take place on a larger scale than Mythic's Warhammer Online and that there will be "tons" of customisation and the "coolest looking characters of any MMO, ever".

E3 takes place on 15th-17th June 2010. We'll be there.
    Some type of movement at long last. Also note that unveiled and shipped are two very different things.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Lets hope this actually has some PvE endgame options in there unlike the PvP / RvR nonsense that dominated WAR Online... also I'm really interested to see how they balance the classes especially if people can play as Marines
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Abbess Sanctorum

Agreed. And if MArines are all you can play, they deserve to be stabbed, shot, stepped on, kicked in the face, set on fire, stomped, and then shot again to put them out of their misery, as that would be unbelievably boring and badly designed.

Actually, IIRC Relic has found that Marines aren't as popular in games as they are in the tabletop, with Marines not being played near as much as people thought they would be...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

A quid says that the sisters won't be in it.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Dude there's too less girl appeal, the sob most def. have a shot at it.

Abbess Sanctorum

Right, the Sisters have a bigger chance of being in it as playable than most of the races. I can just imagine the Necrontyr, the Tyranids, etc... just lol.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Well, you still need enemy races...

Abbess Sanctorum

True, but they don't work too well as player characters. And an MMO needs a decent variety of player characters.

If old claims hold true, this will actually be a MMORPG and not the MMOFPS that some are guessing.

Why does every thread on BOLS get derailed into a conversation about Sisters of Battle?

Occuli Imperator

One of the great things about BoLS lounge (and one of the worst things too) is that almost every conversation has some blurb about sisters... Its a long time running joke that started many moons ago.

That said.... All I can say is WOOT! I know my wife is going to hate me when this finally ships. This has a lot of potential and I hope it is more MMORPG than MMOFPS.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast