BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

There's a Dow2 expansion feat. chaos due march too. Or it could be an enemy model for Space Marines.
    Last edited by Madness; 02-17-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Occuli Imperator

Sounds like it is coming together failry well. I really liked the "covering system," Like I have said many times, I don't want it to be like a HALO combat where you just run around like a crazy man. Something more like Mass Effect 2 or Gears of War makes more sense IMHO.

I also hope that the Teen rating doesn't get rid of the "Grimdark," I want do want pretty forests and crud. It sounds like we are all on one world, so no space combat/travel? (yet?). I like the idea of sieging a fortress! In lineage 2 it was great fun!

Looking forward to the unveiling at E3.

Duke

P.S. on a different note, has anyone played/ seen M.A.G.? If so what are your thoughts?
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chaplain

So much promise from a 40k mmo, but i think its good to hear they arent being over ambitious to begin with. Keeping it to one planet at first means they get a chance to make the game work on an easy to manage scale. They can add spacecraft, other worlds, vehicles etc later IF it works.

I like the idea of using the dow cover system in an mmo setting, i like the idea of pvp areas feeling very much like a game of dawn of war, except each guy is a single player.

Im still gutted that its not a planetside style mmofps! My dream for a 40k mmo wouldve been planetside style scale and system using something akin to the resident evil control system. That way you would have epic battles between multiple factions while keeping the shooting third person allowing melee to be much easier to control and way more satisfying

Abbess Sanctorum

Let's hope "Imperium" includes the Sisters and Guard as well, rather than being a marinewank faction... Marines are not the Imperium, hell they don't even answer to any Imperial authorities.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

If they have no chance but to pick one they will take SM, a sensible choice, but they worded it Imperium, so there's hope, plenty of -.

It's called Imperium, not Space Marines. There's still hope.

Imperium is so rich in units.... Guardsmen, Commissars, Psykers, Inquisitors (and retinue), Sisters, Tech-priests. And all those without even mentioning Space Marines.

meh.... double-post....

Occuli Imperator

Like I have said before, I think "Imperium," Will include Marines as well as guard and Inquisitorial classes.

You know they have to do some marines, that alone will sell the fanboys who have always imagined being a supersoldier-monk while skulking in their basement, meanwhile the only thing superhuman about them is the huge stomach from all the chinese takeout.

Just like Star Wars including Jedi... 40k mmo has to include Astartes, even if they are 'watered down,' to be playable.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456