BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Abbess Sanctorum

Right, the Sisters have a bigger chance of being in it as playable than most of the races. I can just imagine the Necrontyr, the Tyranids, etc... just lol.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Well, you still need enemy races...

Abbess Sanctorum

True, but they don't work too well as player characters. And an MMO needs a decent variety of player characters.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

If old claims hold true, this will actually be a MMORPG and not the MMOFPS that some are guessing.

Why does every thread on BOLS get derailed into a conversation about Sisters of Battle?

Occuli Imperator

One of the great things about BoLS lounge (and one of the worst things too) is that almost every conversation has some blurb about sisters... Its a long time running joke that started many moons ago.

That said.... All I can say is WOOT! I know my wife is going to hate me when this finally ships. This has a lot of potential and I hope it is more MMORPG than MMOFPS.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Anarchy Online pulled off the SciFi MMORPG-with-guns concept rather okay. I wonder what sort of gimmick 40k online will have.

Abbess Sanctorum

It is practically my mission on the forums, but that's mostly because I keep most of my Guard talk on the IGMB and I don't talk much about my Orks except as far as fluff goes. And strangely enough I've actually convinced people to get into Sisters armies with some of my rants... apparently I do better marketing for the Sisters than GW does, but then GW does zero marketing so I guess it isn't hard.

Regardless, I think the Sisters of Battle would do just fine.

It could even be divided into something like...

Imperium:
    Marine
    Sister
    Sergeant of some sort? (Could eventually become a psyker, an officer, etc)

Orks:
    Sluggaboy
    Shootaboy
    Grot

Eldar:
    Guardian
    Warlock trainee of some sort
    Harlequin trainee of some sort

Chaos:
    Mutant Cultist
    Initiate Marine
    Initiate Sorcerer

etc etc etc. Three "classes" per group essentially. Given that it's much easier for them to make one group of allied races fight another alliance of races, it probably will end up being Imperium, Eldar, and Tau... versus Chaos, Orks, and Dark Eldar, given that the Necrons and Tyranids don't really lend themselves to player characters. Of course, this is all speculation, but I'm basing mostly it off how they did WAR. WAR did the best compromise they could manage, but that compromise doesn't entirely work in 40k... still, for the sake of gameplay they can stretch the fluff a bit. If they don't, it'll be rather difficult to have an organized player base.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutionis View Post
    If old claims hold true, this will actually be a MMORPG and not the MMOFPS that some are guessing.

Why does every thread on BOLS get derailed into a conversation about Sisters of Battle?
    See:

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia
    [Any post]
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Occuli Imperator

Personally I would like to see this game be more like Lineage 2 than WAR. What I mean by that is: In Lineage 2 any race could attack anyother race at any time, it was all free game. yes, that means imperials PKing iimperials. Yes, there were downsides to just killing at random (You name would turn red and if you were killed while red then you had a chance to drop your gear!) But it gave this feeling of "Oh crap," which I would think would be great in a 40kMMO.

That said Im going to have to disagree with M's classes a bit and substitute my own reality

Imperium:
    Distance: Guardsman progresses to Storm Trooper(Male and Female)
    Close Combat: Marine progresses to 1st company veteran(NO FSM! lol)
    Misc: Commisar/ Battle psyker or other progresses to Lord Commisar/ Primaris Psyker(Male and Female)

Orks:
    Distance: Shootaboy progresses to shooty Nob
    Close: Sluggaboy Progresses to CC Nob
    Misc: Mekboy Progresses to a smudge on the wall because his head exploded at lvl 20, lol

Eldar:
    Shooty: Guardian who progresses to Firedragon or Dark Reaper
    Close: Storm Guardian progresses to Banshee, Scorpion, Harlie
    Misc: Warlock progress to Farseer

Chaos:
    Shooty: marine Progresses to 'chosen'
    Combat: Cultist progresses to Possessed cultist
    Misc: Sorc. progresses to Sorc. Lord.

I would also think that some of the other races like Tau and Dark Eldar could be later expansions cause we know THQ loves to do that.

What does everyone else think about classes/ races?

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Grand Provost Marshal

I really hope that there are Arbites in this. That would be fantastic!

We'll just have to wait, though.