BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Two things about that, they stated it's not going to be fps-y and they have a point, I want to play up close and personal, with a power sword splitting enemy atoms.

Occuli Imperator

Yea, I don't want it to be a FPS either... ME2 is more third person shooter. But Im not saying I want it to be a "shooter," at all. Simply that I want cover to make a difference and to move from cover to cover as I move in to kill the opponent with that atom splitting power weapon.

I don't want it to be like "WoW," where you run around in the open 'casting powers,' until one of you dies or gets off a great combo.

Know what i mean?

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I'm rather disillusioned with mmos since Dragon Age: Origins created such a compelling single player experience. As much as I would like a 40k mmo to be successful, I have trouble seeing how such a depth of fluff in such a vast galaxy is going to be translated into mmo form without some very nasty compromises.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm rather disillusioned with mmos since Dragon Age: Origins created such a compelling single player experience. As much as I would like a 40k mmo to be successful, I have trouble seeing how such a depth of fluff in such a vast galaxy is going to be translated into mmo form without some very nasty compromises.
    I agree with all of that. I want the 40k MMOs to be brilliant but I suspect it won't be because the background will need to be heavily cut to fit, not to mention that grinding just doesn't seem to fit too well in the way that I think of 40k... perhaps a Dark Heresy Online equivalent would be a better way to go

also Dragon Age was amazing, on my second playthrough now
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Chaplain

Personally I think I am one of the few people who thought WoW was overrated.

I look forward to this, provided they can pull off the progression and make it worthwhile. If I start as a Scout for example, I would definitely want to push to be a Marine, if I start as a pointy eared little humanoid, I would be looking forward to choosing between the various Aspects at some point.

Honestly, despite needing "bad guys", I cannot imagine the NPC conversations between Necrons, Tyranids, or Daemons would be overly stimulating.

I am guessing those races would be non-playable, kill the crap out of them, type races.

So that leaves DE, Orks, CSM.

It has potential, and I hope it is great, but I am not holding my breath.

From THQ private company conference of 20th january concerning E3 presentation plan:

Playable factions:
    - Imperium
    - Eldar
    - Orks
    - Chaos

Features:
    - Focus both on Meele and Long range Combat
    - covering system
    - 29 Zones (21 claimable, 8 invadeable)
    - Open-World
    - PvP around resource gathering and taking strategic points
    - center zone features a conquerable stronghold
    - No playable Tanks or other Warmachines at release but implemented possibility for expansion
    - Tyranids as full fighting PvE-Faction

Lore (being discussed concerning certain faction-plots at the moment but here are the things we determined with Games Workshop so far):
    - Game takes place in the southern border-sectors of Segmentum Tempestus
    - Factions fight over a destroyed imperial forge world called Tarelis and its hive-city Cerberus X (newly added to the lore!)
    - The story of the game will NOT take place in a parallel universe! Just like the Planet Kronus (made by our colleagues at relic) Tarelis will be part of the lore!
    - Tyranids will be main-antagonists
    - Unfortunately Vigil-games was not allowed to use Relics Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter as Ork Warlord as he will make a final appearance in the second DoW2 expansion

Costs:
    - 49.99$
    Monthly fee:
    - being discussed but most likely around 13$
    Rating:
    - targeted Teen/PEGI 16

Fully revealed at E3 2010.
    Sounds really good.

The only bad thing I can spot is the rating, otherwise it looks acceptable.

Librarian

to be honest it sounds a bit too PvPcentric for me... whatever happened to good old PvE style 'dungeon' encounters?
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

PvP has more longevity and proves a better challenge. PvE overlaps with single player games.

Librarian

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=8200022a[/url]

may I point you to the picture where he is playing computer

when enlarged, I notice soem Chaos Marine Art on the board, but I cant make out what he is playing

Early Alpha?
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast