i am currently trying to run a beastmen army and have been looking at the blightkings rules and trying to figure our a way to make them work within the army. they appear to be much better versions of minotaurs but with a few trade offs. Obviously being infantry apposed to Monstrous infantry they lack a few of the protections that the latter possess. namely being able to be stomped on, lack of support attacks and the heft cost of trying to take any sort of static combat res from ranks and most importantly the lack of steadfast.

now at first i looked at them and passed them off as junk rules wise due to the obvious downsides of being large based expensive infantry however upon a bit of talk down the local club i looked at them as more of an anvil unit to tank damage than the be all end all unit of death, combined with the beastmen list they bring something that the army itself lacks; durability.

looking to run a unit of 9 Blightkings with a musician and Standard bearer with Banner of Swiftstride and then lead the unit with the chuck norris doombull build that alot of beastmen players love but with sword of striking over the swift slaying sword. the doombull being the same base size as the Blightkings can make way through the unit where necessary and help to rack up combat res while being tough as nails to kill for most foes all the while buffing the blightkings with frenzy and immune to psych as a result.

while expensive and a little unruly due to the frenzy/blood greed rules they look as if they can deal with alot of threats as they kings can soak up alot of punishment with their high WS and mark of nurgle and then dish out alot of attacks with additional hand weapons or great weapons to deal alot of punishment to their targets.

anyone else had any success with these guys or any theories to make use of them?