26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroic scale

17 65.38%
  • True scale

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which scale?

First-Captain

What has always annoyed me about people making "TRU Scale Space Marines" or "Art Scale Space Marines" is that the marine models are the right scale, its guardsmen that are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    I voted heroic, because these are gaming pieces, not scale models. That said, I think the binary choice neglects the fact that it's really a matter of degree. I think GW often exaggerates proportions too much. Somewhat over-sized weapons not only look dramatic, but also aid recognition on the table-top. I don't think they need be quite so over-sized though or, in particular, that the models' hands need to be quite so large (even though they may need to be somewhat larger to handle larger weapons).
    my problem with epic when it comes to weapons is that converting can be a pain in the a## especially ig

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post

Umm, technically these are still "heroic-scale". In true scale, the head should divide seven times into the height, and guns should be so thin that there's almost no space for detail. For example:

Note that that's a machinegun he's got, so that's what a heavy bolter should look like
    Last edited by Chris*ta; 10-28-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12