BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Using Glottkin as a great unclean one

I was listening to the Forge the Narrative web show tonight and they were talking about the new Glottkin model. I was looking at it on the GW site and was thinking it would make a GUO. I play 40k daemons but I'm not sure what sized round base it should be.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

throw it on an oval Base.

To be honest The Greaters statlines more than make them beasty enough for that size category and they look awesome as a center piece.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Like a flyer one? I was kind of thinking that, but I looked on the GW site and they had in on a 60mm or theirs. Forgeworld doesnt have the size of their base on their site.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by vharing View Post
    Like a flyer one? I was kind of thinking that, but I looked on the GW site and they had in on a 60mm or theirs. Forgeworld doesnt have the size of their base on their site.
    THe standard GUO is on a 60, but I highly doubt you will fit a glotkin on that. And there is no rule against using a larger base so cut loose
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I'm not even sure Forge World supplies any base with theirs; there aren't any in any of the pictures.

However, one of the pictures does show it next to a Keeper of Secrets on a chariot base, which is 50x100mm, and the Great Unclean One is easily as wide as the chariot base is long (it's a smidge bigger than the Finecast one). So the oval base should fit it fine, whereas the 60mm base would just be completely engulfed by it.

Edit: Though I think the Glottkin might be even bigger than that. You might need a Knight base for that monstrosity.

Edit edit: Looking at them, I think the rectangular base they're supplied with is the 100x150mm base from the Arachnarok and Thundertusk. But they don't have rolls of fat down to the ground like the FW GUO does, so you'd still get their feet plus the tentacle arm inside the "small" oval base, I think.
    Last edited by Houghten; 10-28-2014 at 02:45 AM.