BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Beginnings of an Empire army

I've played 40k for over a year, and I've finally made the leap to Fantasy. I'm working on some Demigryphs, and next month I hopefully have an Empire Battalion as my next Empire purchase. Still need to do details, washes and the bases, but this is where I'm at the moment.

First-Captain

looking good for a WIP, espc the mount's neck....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Darren!

looks good man! I play empire they are fun to play.

looks good, the regal scheme of red & gold should look good across your flanks

necks looking great

Thanks Carlo! Here is a small update on the Gryphs, have based them (but I'm thinking I want to add some green flock to the mud/earth). They are basically done, minus some minor detailling.

First-Captain

I like them, I agree some very small patches of green flock in various shades will help break up the mud.

The figures themselves look great, the pose kinda rminds me of the old Battlemasters Knights....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

looking great! ya some flock might be nice, nothing too bright. Your paint scheme with base has a warm hue to it and if you do too much green it might contrast too much. But yea, a little something'something to break up that dirt. I like the slate and the bushes, nice basing. Great light effects on those shields too

Thanks! Will share once I've tried some flock, and maybe put some mud on the slates to combine the two a little more. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!