BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FPS reminiscing

Four player split-screen is just the definition of fun times gaming to me. So many great memories of me and my mates sat around the lounge, conquering the galaxy for Palpatine in 'Star Wars: Battlefront 2', or just destroying one another in 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect' (which was the undeniable apex of the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark formula. What an amazing, amazing game that was).

Not to mention, 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect' had more than a few female characters. Not to mention the rest...

In conclusion, f*** 'Call of Duty' for making the inclusion of female characters both a breadcrumb and somehow a big deal RATHER THAN THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE IN GAMING. Piece of f***ing s*** game series.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I miss split-screen. Some of my favourite moments in games where during split-screen sessions. Especially when messing around in Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3.

I was an *** in both of them to other players, and so were my friends, so it was a tonne of fun.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I drink whiskey.

and played a lot of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Time Splitters. time to activate the arsekickulator.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Never played timesplitters.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Oh I was on a N64 on Goldeneye and Perfect dark( a more refined faster golden eye) in those days of 4 player split screen. I think we were using a ten inch portable as well

We always played one hit kill, so anyone with a killstreak was doing well.
    Play Nik-Nak, run about on your knees - ADVANTAGE!. Everyone else had to aim quite far down to get you in their sights, whilst you just fired from the hip and hit them in the knee during Golden Gun.

And never underestimate a good game of 'Get Coltrane' - Someone takes Robbie Coltrane's character, and is not allowed to engage in violence. Instead, whoever gets the most kills of that character wins.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Yeah we banned oddjob for his height advantage.

Oddjob - that was it. Not Nik-Nak.

Man, now I want to go buy a new N64!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I had to do that when a parent thought the floor of a garage was a suitable place to store it.
    Managed to get one for £5 off a car boot though so all good...

Want to find one with the expansion pack as well.....

Chapter-Master

I managed to salvage that out the faulty one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast