BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    What i need is something to deal with fliers......Thus the tyrant and Harpy who i am thinking i might need to make a Hive Crone.
    I'm going to take it this is a local meta issue? How many fliers are you seeing at your local shop? 1? 2? At my local shop there is a guy that we call a dou*** because he's IG and brings 5 in a 2000 point game... but that's the way IG are.

Even if a guy run just a Captain and 2 squad of 5 marines naked the most you're going to see is 2 Stormravens and 3 Stormtalons. Most armies at this small a game are still buying dudes.

Yeah they fly on and pop a couple of shots at your big dudes, maybe unload a squad. They do so little to a swarm army and are so hard to kill... I just ignore them.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Yeah even one flier can mess nids up. Straffinf run talons or a drake will do a number on your haunts.

Plus the crone is one of our better units anyway and can VS vehicles and flame infantry.

Hey WT, any way to grab Adglands on that tyrant? 12 move and fleet is hillariously fast
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Ultimately the advice im trying to give is to make his lkst work as opposed to "take this because they are the best" because if that was my advice id just say skyblight/LAN or go home
    Can you even fit Skyblight in a 1K game?

Oh....and the wings give the tyrant jink even when hes hugging the ground.

That is so important that TTH has an extensive discussion o whether or not wings are worth jt even when running a walkrant with guard (you can also break the game by having a swooping FMC in a unit with infantry. ...Mind ****!)
    Let's not go off topic. Can you grab your rulebook and PM me with how a "swooping Tyrant" and meet the manditory 12" movement and still stay within coherency of his guard. As per pg. 18 and pg. 69.
    Last edited by Broodingman87; 10-30-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Chapter-Master

PM shouldn't be needed. But if their are 3 guard max spaced the tyrant can zig zag from back to front and still be moving 12...its more of an easter egg than a legitimate tactic

Edit: abd yeah I think you can do skyblight at 1k. Its like 800 or so minimum
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-30-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

But, swooping you can only pivot once at the beginning and can only move in a straight line.

Chapter-Master

Doesn't matter.
    Max spacing with 3 guard makes a 8 line before you even take into account the base widths
    My bad its 8 space before you take the bases into account.

Then when you move in a diagonal line (the tyrant) you move your 12 but are still in coherency
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Edit: abd yeah I think you can do skyblight at 1k. Its like 800 or so minimum
    yeah skyblight is 845 but once out add the Tyranid Prime and 2 10 man of gants for you primary detachment it's 1050, so oh well.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    yeah skyblight is 845 but once out add the Tyranid Prime and 2 10 man of gants for you primary detachment it's 1050, so oh well.
    You dont need the CAD to be a bound list though. Spend the e emaining points on upgrades and garges and you have a 1k single formation list that is legally a bound list

Daemon-Prince

Yeah even one flier can mess nids up. Straffinf run talons or a drake will do a number on your haunts.

Plus the crone is one of our better units anyway and can VS vehicles and flame infantry.

Hey WT, any way to grab Adglands on that tyrant? 12 move and fleet is hillariously fast
    Only if he drops the maw claws.......

Also note to self post trade thread for nids.........have x wing,chaos and random....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

dont worry bout it then.

Good luck with your trades, if you wind up wiht some extra bits and pieces we can help you fit them into a list if you want

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast