BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Daemon-Prince

Default 1000pt Nids, Help needed badly.

Well i haven't played 40k sine last edition and even then not much....... So i am debating coming back after seeing the new lovely amount of cute Tentacle monsters! I have no idea what will work and what won't but i have thrown this general idea together since i do like CC.

Hq 245
    ------
    Hive Tyrant 245
    Wings,lvl 2 Psy,The Miasma Cannon,The Maw Claws,Desicator,Tail Weapon (I had 10pts left...)

Elite 145
    -------
    1 Zoanthrope 50
    1 Zoanthrope 50
    1 Venom Thrope 45

Troops 275
    -------
    20 Hormagaunts 100

20 Hormagaunts 100

5 Ripper Swarms 75
    Deepstrike

Fast Attack 165
    ----------
    Hive Crone
    Drool Cannon,Scything Talons,Tentalids x4,Stinger Salvo

Heavy Support 170
    ---------
    Exocrine 170

Total:1000
    Last edited by White Tiger88; 10-30-2014 at 01:55 AM.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Daemon-Prince

Anyone? I was thinking i could drop the exo but....its shooty goodness.....

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Ok I'll bite.

Interesting Tyrant Setup. I'd swap the shredder shards for dessicator so your targets match with 2+ poison

Don't bother with Toxic Hgaunts, far too expensive, either buy more or something else.

Grab a venomthropes to go with the Zoans, giving you two Shrouded/Synapse bubbles and a Psyker/Synapse Bubble (though above 1000pts you'll want to look at malanthropes instead)
    Run the Zoans as two units of 1 if you do that, then you get 2 rolls on the nid table as opposed to 1, and two synapse bubbles
    To get the points for the Venomthrope I'd drop the Toxin on the Hgaunts, should be more than enough pts then

I'd take the Stranglethorn on the Harpy, its a light bomber and can drop a respectable number of large blasts a turn, HVC doesn't match its preferred targets

Exocrine is a solid choice, and if you increase your force will go very well into an living artillery Node.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Ok I'll bite.

Interesting Tyrant Setup. I'd swap the shredder shards for dessicator so your targets match with 2+ poison

Don't bother with Toxic Hgaunts, far too expensive, either buy more or something else.

Grab a venomthropes to go with the Zoans, giving you two Shrouded/Synapse bubbles and a Psyker/Synapse Bubble (though above 1000pts you'll want to look at malanthropes instead)
    Run the Zoans as two units of 1 if you do that, then you get 2 rolls on the nid table as opposed to 1, and two synapse bubbles
    To get the points for the Venomthrope I'd drop the Toxin on the Hgaunts, should be more than enough pts then

I'd take the Stranglethorn on the Harpy, its a light bomber and can drop a respectable number of large blasts a turn, HVC doesn't match its preferred targets

Exocrine is a solid choice, and if you increase your force will go very well into an living artillery Node.
    Hmmm not a bad idea, i REALLY like the new Toxicrine.

I see where you're going with the dual flamer Tyrant, and I support the Shredder shards over the Dessicator larvae, unless you're dealing with a lot of monstrous creatures why would you swap a flamer that can kill Terminators and rerolls to rend for one that just has wounds on 2s. I don't understand the Maw claws though, you're AP2 already. Also, drop the wings man, you can't assualt the turn you switch modes and if he flies out in front he's just going to get shot by everything.

I Agree, if you pull the Toxin Sacs off the two broods of Guants you can afford a third brood of 20. And the Zoanthropes and Venomthropes... the dude speaks the truth. It'll offer a stout protection in the two turns it'll take you to get across the board. You want to line up on turn two and charge on turn 3.

To be honest, I'd drop the Harpy and Exocrine completely and go with two broods of one Carnifex. The way I build them is Spine Banks and Adrenal Glands. Why do I love them so much is the 5 S10 attacks, striking before Thunderhammers and keeping up with the Tyrant and Guants and only weighing in at 140 points.

Daemon-Prince

What i need is something to deal with fliers......Thus the tyrant and Harpy who i am thinking i might need to make a Hive Crone.

Chapter-Master

Note on the dessicatorarvae.

While shred rending from the shards is nice being S3 means you need 5/6s to kill anythjng you care about. However 2+ ppoison means you can drown units in wounds. And you will kill termies with your exocrine.

If you can swap the harpy for a crone then I highly recommend that. Crone is just better.
    Dont take a toxicrene. You arent likely to have a problem with multi wound models and at 1k your tyrant is a solid melee threat.

I get the maw claws (preferred enemy and D3 pen boost on rend) and they're cheap enough that thats fine

Id keep the exocrine for the reasons I stated above

- - - Updated - - -

CC fexes is something he can think about later. At 1k the support offered by the exo is too good to loose. Especially if he swaps out the harpy for a crone..

Ultimately the advice im trying to give is to make his lkst work as opposed to "take this because they are the best" because if that was my advice id just say skyblight/LAN or go home

- - - Updated - - -

Oh....and the wings give the tyrant jink even when hes hugging the ground.

That is so important that TTH has an extensive discussion o whether or not wings are worth jt even when running a walkrant with guard (you can also break the game by having a swooping FMC in a unit with infantry. ...Mind ****!)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Updated the top list hows that look? Trying to get something not to pricey to build since i am pretty low on funds and going to try to trade for what i need XD

Chapter-Master

Get rid of the tail weapon. Drop a ripper base and give the rippers deepstrike. Use tbem to steal objectives/kill support units.

Other than that...looks solid and can be built on as you get more funds

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Get rid of the tail weapon. Drop a ripper base and give the rippers deepstrike. Use tbem to steal objectives/kill support units.

Other than that...looks solid and can be built on as you get more funds
    Thanks for the help! 5 deep striking Rippers for laughs! Gbahahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast