BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Yeah no, If the cop has behaved the way he did based solely on the other guys race, then he's a racist ****.
    I however am willing to wait until I hear more about the situation.

because unlike people here, I don't judge people because of their race, sex culture or creed. I judge them on how they act, including their actions and judgments of others.

Its called equality and you should really try it sometime as opposed to your "Boots on the other foot" attitude
    I'm judging people on how they act too, that's why I'm condemning the US police forces for killing an unarmed black man every day with no consequences for the officers responsible, amongst other, daily acts of brutality and oppression perpetrated against PoCs with little to no criticism from within the police (all those supposed good people who care). While you're having a hissy fit because someone pointed out white cops are killing black people and white people don't give a ****. That has nothing to do with equality.

[URL="http://variety.com/2014/film/news/django-unchained-actress-handcuffed-mistaken-for-prostitute-1201305240/"]Django Unchained’ Actress Says She Was Accosted By Police After Mistaken for Prostitute[/URL]

[URL="http://madamenoire.com/470607/three-black-women-mistaken-for-prostitutes-at-the-standard-hotel/"]Three Black Women Mistaken For Prostitutes At The Standard Hotel [/URL]

Nope, nothing racist about white cops assuming black women are prostitutes just for, you know, existing in a public space...

I read a thing on tumblr the other day by a white woman who says when she is in the car with her black husband they get pulled over by the cops regularly 'to see if she is alright', because the only reason a white woman would be in a car with a black man is he has forced her to be there.

[URL="http://gawker.com/white-cop-forces-his-way-into-terrified-black-mans-hom-1557647210"]White Cop Forces His Way Into Terrified Black Man's Home and Arrests Him[/URL]

[URL="http://thefreethoughtproject.com/black-teen-fostered-white-parents-mistaken-burglar-attacked-cops/"]Black Teen With White Parents Mistaken For Burglar, Assaulted By Cops In His Own Home[/URL]

But you know instead of acnowledging trends in white behaviour towards black people in America I guess we should just ignore what the black people are saying and act like things are all fine, because that's equality now apparently.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Let me get this straight. The police, the people who sign up to 'protect and serve the public', either should or do get treated in law, less well than criminals, in which you consider them guilty until proven innocent.

You actually support this?

Wow, America. Land of the Free.
    Part of being free is being able to exist without fear. When there's no way to tell beforehand who's a good cop and who's a bad cop, and an encounter with a bad cop can be fatal, then yes, all cops will be treated as though they're bad cops until proven otherwise.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Yeah no, If the cop has behaved the way he did based solely on the other guys race, then he's a racist ****.
    Why specify "solely"?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Why specify "solely"?
    its an expression, clearly given context its not hard to understand, "if the determining factor in the guys assessment of the situation is"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Of course it's not hard for you to understand, you wrote it.

I can honestly say this is the first time I have seen it used to mean "mainly."

But still, my question doesn't change if that's what you really mean. Why specify it has to be the main factor and not just a factor?
    Last edited by Houghten; 11-01-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Of course it's not hard for you to understand, you wrote it.

I can honestly say this is the first time I have seen it used to mean "mainly."

But still, my question doesn't change if that's what you really mean. Why specify it has to be the main factor and not just a factor?
    Heres an idea, **** off and stop trying to twist this so you can accuse me of racism
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

There really isn't any twisting here man. Will there be a moment of self-realization? Maybe, given your signature, a time for self-loathing?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    There really isn't any twisting here man. Will there be a moment of self-realization? Maybe, given your signature, a time for self-loathing?
    because unlike people here, I don't judge people because of their race, sex culture or creed. I judge them on how they act, including their actions and judgments of others.

Its called equality and you should really try it sometime as opposed to your "Boots on the other foot" attitude
    I couldn't care less what race a person is, stop trying to insinuate that I do based on a few lines of text.

I will however not condemn a person without trial because of their colour and the behaviour of others. People here apparently will
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-02-2014 at 12:36 AM.

I will however not condemn a person without trial because of their colour and the behaviour of others. People here apparently will
    Like American police officers who execute young men in the street with no trial or due process simply because they are black?

Or are we still talking about petulant white boys having their feelings hurt on the internet?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Part of being free is being able to exist without fear. When there's no way to tell beforehand who's a good cop and who's a bad cop, and an encounter with a bad cop can be fatal, then yes, all cops will be treated as though they're bad cops until proven otherwise.
    Let's assume that as everyone is equal, police have an equal right to exist without fear. They choose to put themselves in danger anyway - but that doesn't mean they don't have the same rights as everyone else. Now lets substitute your words a little - my additions in red, your originals in blue:

When there's no way to tell beforehand who's a innocent civilian carrying a sword for legitimate reasons and who's a murderous criminal, and an encounter with a murderous criminal can be fatal, then yes, all people carrying swords will be treated as though they're murderous criminals until proven otherwise.

Puts a different perspective on being prejudiced against any one group without any sort of discernment, doesn't it?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast