BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Models as souvenirs from travels.

Recently I went to Italy on vacation, and being the 40k enthusiast I am, I sought out a GW to visit in Florence. There I picked up a Vanguard Veteran squad for my upcoming Deathwatch army project. I plan on using heraldries from the different places I visited on the right shoulder pads. Couple of questions for you guys:

1. What models have you bought as souvenirs?

2. How should I best equip my vanguard veterans?

Occuli Imperator

I've never picked them up as a souvenir, though I think that it is a great idea.

Especially as Deathwatch, you could incoroporate the city/country flag/seal as part the parent chapter symbol.

Fortunately, Florence is a great example:

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Exactly my thoughts. I visited Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Monteriggioni, Sienna, San Gimignano, Chianti, and Venice. So, lots to work with there.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Quiben View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I visited Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Monteriggioni, Sienna, San Gimignano, Chianti, and Venice. So, lots to work with there.
    true... also, did you by any chance play the Assassin's Creed series? that list of places very much sounds like you did
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

I bought a pack of Squat bikers from a game shop in Paris in the 90's. Long gone now though.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    true... also, did you by any chance play the Assassin's Creed series? that list of places very much sounds like you did
    Only place I missed was the Castel Sant'Angelo and Forli Castle

Nice! When I was abroad in England, I purchased a blister of saurus warriors for my Lizardmen army from a GW store. I never did anything special with them, but I love your 40k idea, especially for Marines.

You could even through backpack standards with the country/city/state flag on their back.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com