BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First thought I had when reading the "factionless"-part for the first time was that it is a safeguard because the 6th Ed. Codizies don't have factions written into their profiles yet ... but on the other hand, Harlequins were removed from the Dark Eldar Codex to possibly be dataslat'ed like Imperial Assasins, the might come out be factionless and legal to include into both Eldar and Dark Eldar detachments without being assigned to the Dark Eldar or Eldar faction (so they don't get be an allied detachment like Imperial Assasins)

First-Captain

hmm, perhaps they really are preparing for the re-introduction of Rogue Traders, they would ally themselves with anyone given the right circumstances, similar thing with Orc Freebooters, they also would ally with anyone who pays them....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

I will ally myself with whoever has warm chocolate chip cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I would suspect that's boilerplate language that gets copy-pasted on to each FOC.
    I thought this might be the case as well, but then I looked at the various new dexes and saw that it isn't. One will specify "Faction or No Faction" the next "Faction or any Fortification" and the next "Only this Faction."

So it's not just copied and pasted. Some allow for factionless units, and other don't.

If the rumors are true that a Nid expansion dex is coming that might be a bigger clue. Nids don't seem like the merc hiring sort (some kind of puppetmaster brain-bug option aside of course). So if there's a new FoC there that only allows Nid faction units, that might mean something...

Imperial Knights maybe?
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12