BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wait... so Glottkin sold out?

So am I reading this right - Warhammer: Glottkin has already sold out on its regular copies? There's only a few limited editions left? Huhr?
    Wargaming Project Log: http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
    Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Over here there aren't any Limited Editions left either, but the regular ones did sell out first. In a few hours, no less.

Which is probably because the Limited Edition was, in this case, more than twice the price for a variant cover and some art prints... and I'm not even sure about the variant covers.

GW's limited editions seem a bit... inconsistent sometimes.

I contacted GW Customer Service about this very item and was told a second printing in hardback is underway, it should be available again "within a week or two."

IIRC Nagash sold out and there was a second printing in HB of that. Now there is rumor of a soft back or a soft back end times set. I would put money on the fact that there will be a super duper collector edition box set of all the end times books together at its conclusion.

Good info! Thanks guys. Maybe I will get it from the second run. Definitely not going for the limited edition...
    Wargaming Project Log: http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
    Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

There will be a softcover version down the road. I was told by the local GW manager that the one copy of Nagash he had left in the store was all he'd have because they were switching from hardcover to softcover after the initial runs.

To be on the safe side with Glottkin, I'm going to be at the store extra early tomorrow. I'll likely be providing some temporary photocopies to people I know who want to use some rules from it but won't have access to a copy, if I'm allowed to. Otherwise I'll have to share my book a bit (which I'm a little iffy on, because, hey, these books aren't cheap).

Brother-Sergeant

Honestly in the Canadain GW website, I don't even recall seeing a reagular printing of Glottkin, just the collector's edition of 500 copies wordwide. I do hope they will have reprints for all the End Times books. As for a box set for the complete set, it only be a limited edition due to the fact the main outcome (and maybe some of the new rules) would go into the 9th edition of Warhammer and future army books.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Chapter-Master

Just to check; everyone is aware there is an e-book edition of Glottkin right?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Just to check; everyone is aware there is an e-book edition of Glottkin right?
    Is there a non i-book version? I don't recall Nagash having a .mobi version, and I have a Kindle, not an overpriced toy.

Regardless, there will be a softcover printing, likely before the end of the year.

I do feel bad, though. The local store got a whopping three copies. I got one, and two other guys got one, they both have Chaos Warrior armies but one of them has been playing mostly Dwarfs lately. The guy who helped me get to the store early gave up the copy he was going to buy (as he hasn't gotten his Chaos army started quite yet), thinking it was going to go to a guy with a Nurgle army who's been playing them constantly, but alas, it went to the Dwarf player instead (the only potential benefit there being that instead of continually trying to sell his Empire army, he might bring it out with the Karl Franz model he has and play that army now).

As for me, I have a load of Daemons, and a lot of various Beastmen (but they were missing most of the Core Units, got lost to fire), so I have the models to do a combined army, and the store manager knows I'm big on nostalgic combinations of armies and actually playing them (as my playing more WFB than ever not shows... man, the Undead Legions are fun, and I'm not even going that insane on the combos!).

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Is there a non i-book version? I don't recall Nagash having a .mobi version, and I have a Kindle, not an overpriced toy.
    I don't believe any Fantasy book has had a .mobi version except for The Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I don't believe any Fantasy book has had a .mobi version except for The Rules.
    So mentioning there's an "e-book" version of it is moot, as a lot of people don't have iPads. Which still leaves people stuck until the softcover comes out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast