BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default 3d printed Blood Angels. quality improving

[URL="https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/2koo78/my_3d_printed_warhammer_40k_blood_angels_army_so/"]https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/2koo78/my_3d_printed_warhammer_40k_blood_angels_army_so/[/URL]
    [URL="http://imgur.com/TQPyvlO"]http://imgur.com/TQPyvlO[/URL]

GW might just be pissing in their pants right now. The quality is still crap, but holy crap is that getting pretty solid.

You are now better off buying a printer than an army price wise. You sacrifice quality, but who really cares? Maybe buy your characters?

(Mod note, this seemed the best area to discuss the 3d printed army, please move if wrong sub)

Chapter-Master

Games Workshop has repeatedly said that their head is firmly planted in the sand as it relates to 3D printing.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Games Workshop has repeatedly said that their head is firmly planted in the sand as it relates to 3D printing.
    Lol that is fantastic.

My bet, GW will start selling pre-built 3D models of their product so you can print the models as home.

The quality of those models in the photo is crap. You'd be better off with wadded-up Post-it notes and magic markers. I doubt the portion of players that really enjoy the craft of the hobby will ever want to play with printed models.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    My bet, GW will start selling pre-built 3D models of their product so you can print the models as home.

The quality of those models in the photo is crap. You'd be better off with wadded-up Post-it notes and magic markers. I doubt the portion of players that really enjoy the craft of the hobby will ever want to play with printed models.
    I think the vehicles are close, hell that Rhino chasis is decent.

There are not enough people who will pay the prices GW demands when an ok alternative is there. Just look at the knock off market.

Quote Originally Posted by sergentzimm View Post
    I think the vehicles are close, hell that Rhino chasis is decent.

There are not enough people who will pay the prices GW demands when an ok alternative is there. Just look at the knock off market.
    Yeah, the vehicles are pretty good. A boxy rhino seems like a good model to print yourself.

I know there are a lot of people willing to go the knockoff/papercraft/lego/cardboard cutout route, but despite the GW cost, availability of knockoffs, and ease of other entertainment/hobby options, GW is still in business.

I think the painting and modeling crowd will keep enough demand around for high-quality models.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Yeah, the vehicles are pretty good. A boxy rhino seems like a good model to print yourself.

I know there are a lot of people willing to go the knockoff/papercraft/lego/cardboard cutout route, but despite the GW cost, availability of knockoffs, and ease of other entertainment/hobby options, GW is still in business.

I think the painting and modeling crowd will keep enough demand around for high-quality models.
    This really is the crux of the situation. I can guarantee that GW will not grow with their current pricing model. I think they can survive and make decent money going after the modellers and painters. If they were not a public company they would be way better off to weather this storm. Time will tell, but I wouldn't put money down on it.

Chaplain

I can guarantee that GW will not grow with their current pricing model.
    I've been hearing that constantly since 1987.
    I notice they're still in business though...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    I've been hearing that constantly since 1987.
    I notice they're still in business though...
    ummm GW haven't been growing for like 5-6 years now atleast

amybe actually reading the comment and comprehending before you get condescending

- - - Updated - - -

Lol that is fantastic.
    if you think thats funny go read the annual report for last year, its hilariously bad
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder
    if you think thats funny go read the annual report for last year, its hilariously bad
    They turned a profit. I bet plenty of other companies wish their hilariously bad years were that bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast