BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    They turned a profit. I bet plenty of other companies wish their hilariously bad years were that bad.
    never said they didn't I bet their are plenty of companies that think bragging about not doing market research is a joke
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Mind you, those marines aren't even resin quality, look at Creature Caster's prints:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76cd09cbef07b89680e71b4e8d7d9fde_large.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	11668

GW ought to shaking in their boots, seeing as how they can be easily replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Games Workshop has repeatedly said that their head is firmly planted in the sand as it relates to 3D printing.
    Except where they have said they're looking into it, and do indeed make some use of it in their prototyping stage - and they don't currently feel any given machine currently offers the right combination of price, speed and detailing to really appeal to a widespread buying public.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Geez those BA's look terribad. I mean, if you have no idle care for how your models look on the table then have at it. And if they're WYSIWYG, sure I'll play them but I'm not going to enjoy playing you because having to look at those things is going to make me really not like you for forcing these things upon my eyeballs.

Brother-Captain

At the moment the companies that use 3D printing use it to print their masters, then do some work touching up those masters, then cast from them. At the moment the limiting factor is the price of printers (and individual prints) that can match home cast models. That'll be the point that GW really needs to sit up and take notice, even if plastic injection is still going to be superior in both price-per-model and quality at that moment.

And it won't be just GW that'll have a major erk moment once that point gets reached, it'll be many other companies in the same boat.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    At the moment the companies that use 3D printing use it to print their masters, then do some work touching up those masters, then cast from them. At the moment the limiting factor is the price of printers (and individual prints) that can match home cast models. That'll be the point that GW really needs to sit up and take notice, even if plastic injection is still going to be superior in both price-per-model and quality at that moment.

And it won't be just GW that'll have a major erk moment once that point gets reached, it'll be many other companies in the same boat.
    Except they're already keeping an eye on it.

Chairman's preamble, this year.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

I think it's a shame so many people out there who seem to look forward to the day GW fold. Yes the prices have gone up, yes their results haven't been as good as they might've been over the last few years. But it is still a company started by like-minded geeks who have given us some of the best sci-fi or fantasy universes in the world right now. Yes they have 'borrowed' many core ideas from other places, but no sci-fi was ever created that wasn't already based on historical facts, names & events. I would be gutted if they folded because of a bunch of chinese / russian bootleggers, chin-stroking anti-establishment types with access to a 3d printer, or their own - admittedly poor - recent pricing and licensing decisions.

Stop hating. You will all be gutted when they do go, and the stories, designs and rules dry up forever.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by morninson View Post
    I think it's a shame so many people out there who seem to look forward to the day GW fold. Yes the prices have gone up, yes their results haven't been as good as they might've been over the last few years. But it is still a company started by like-minded geeks who have given us some of the best sci-fi or fantasy universes in the world right now. Yes they have 'borrowed' many core ideas from other places, but no sci-fi was ever created that wasn't already based on historical facts, names & events. I would be gutted if they folded because of a bunch of chinese / russian bootleggers, chin-stroking anti-establishment types with access to a 3d printer, or their own - admittedly poor - recent pricing and licensing decisions.

Stop hating. You will all be gutted when they do go, and the stories, designs and rules dry up forever.
    yeah, hey, heres an idea, maybe GW should start talking to us, I mean its not like Eddy was universally loved right? But nope, can't have communication with the plebs
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by morninson View Post
    amen
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yes they make good money. If you look at how much they sell for on GW and then how much a printable model sells for on places like [url]www.printablescenery.com[/url], GW couldnt make a profit. Only problem is once you download form the Printable scenery guys you can print as many as you want. Its hard to imagine how you could make money on selling 3D printable models

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12