BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Top 10 Scariest Monsters in the 40k Universe (Halloween Video)

Hey guys! Check out this fun Halloween inspired video and share your own thoughts on the scariest monsters in 40k

Chapter-Master

It's a good list, nice to see the Hrud in the list! Not to be impolite or anything but they never got any official models, only fanmade conversions. Would love to see them in the game though.

For me personally -

Umbra, (from the old Xenology book) as the idea of what they can do with your shadow is pretty terrifying. They can turn your shadows into material weapons that rip you apart.

Necron Wraiths, Robot Cyber ghosts that rip you apart and go through the walls is pretty scary to me.

Necron Flayed Ones, Do I need to even explain? robot serial killers that wear your flesh.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant

I would have to agree with all the nids on the list. To me daemons and nids are the scariest things in the game. The only thing I would have added is the aliens from the planet Murder from the Horus Heresy books. Super fast warriors with huge claws that can rip and space marine apart in seconds.

Chaplain

I'm a little sad that Ambulls didn't make the list.

Default Nightbringer

The Nightbringer doesn't just look like the Grim Reaper... he's the inspiration for the Grim Reaper.

The Megarachnids! Yeah, those things are pretty terrifying, and used to great effect in the book to create an effect similar to what James Cameron did with Aliens.

Great list but one small mistake I'd point out: It wasn't the Ultras Chapter Master that said that of the Hive creatures it was Chief Librarian Tigurius.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....