BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It's almost all Nurgle as Archaon's vanguard. There's some mention of what the forces of the other Gods are doing; but Archaon's main horde only starts to move at the very end of the book. There'll be more.

Nothing on Nuln. The book is much more focused than Nagash; it's all about Nurgle's gambit.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Is it all Nurgle or does the rest of chaos get a look in? Nurgle is, frankly, boring, and I probably won't bother with the book if it's solely focused on the one element of chaos I don't care for.
    Lorewise the entire story is indeed pretty much all nurgle, but rule wise, it is still a pretty neat book for you, with the legions of chaos allowing you to combine 3 armies, enjoy no demonic instability, a better eye of the gods table, beastmen with marks and a better storm of chaos table.

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    no demonic instability
    WHAT THE WHAT

what is this

how does that even

what

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

word is they crumble instead
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

We are getting all these gnarled, nasty, bloated or disgusting, chaosified giant models. I'm hoping we find that the Brets are coming into the fight with something large and extremely elegant. I want a giant model that is pretty, and not these horrors of chaos to build for my fantasy army.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    word is they crumble instead
    Sort of.

The base rules are that Daemons replace Daemonic Instability with Unbreakable and Unstable. However, if you're playing using the Chaos Ascendant rules (I think they only apply to certain scenarios, mercifully, and not all Legions of Chaos armies), you can choose a Chaos God (roll off if there's two Chaos players to see who gets to pick) and Daemons of the god who is "ascendant" drop the Unstable rule, so they're just Unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    We are getting all these gnarled, nasty, bloated or disgusting, chaosified giant models. I'm hoping we find that the Brets are coming into the fight with something large and extremely elegant. I want a giant model that is pretty, and not these horrors of chaos to build for my fantasy army.
    How about a king on a hippogryph? He...dies, but still. He was totally oozing golden blood.

Battle-Brother

King sized Grail-Relique anyone?

Bound to be Gilles!

Also, Karl Franz Ascendant seems to answer the Nagash issue very nicely
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fateweaver to Archon
    "It is no mortal man that you should fear..."

Could be Karl Franz (who is now more than a mere mortal man). Could be Nagash (who was a man but is now neither that or mortal). It could be a Dwarf, Elf, Lizardman. Could even be some other chaotic force (you know the Horned Rat is gonna be tearing up all sorts of stuff). Lot's of possibilities. Either way Karl Franz has become a serious badass (not that he was a slouch in the first place).

I wonder how the arrival of the comet ties in with the Lizardmen as the twin-tailed comet is linked with Sotek very strongly too!

Amazing book. Can't wait for the next one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast