BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm wondering if it will be Settra that does Archaon in....the Gods do like their games!

And when you think about it, total dominion diminishes them, after a fashion. Beastmen are less favoured than other mortals, because they're born into thrall. Valued yes, but not favoured. If Chaos dominates, all mortals either perish, or turn to Chaos, and thereafter all will be as the Beastmen in terms of value.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Death Shroud View Post
    Fateweaver to Archon
    "It is no mortal man that you should fear..."

Could be Karl Franz (who is now more than a mere mortal man). Could be Nagash (who was a man but is now neither that or mortal). It could be a Dwarf, Elf, Lizardman. Could even be some other chaotic force (you know the Horned Rat is gonna be tearing up all sorts of stuff). Lot's of possibilities. Either way Karl Franz has become a serious badass (not that he was a slouch in the first place).

I wonder how the arrival of the comet ties in with the Lizardmen as the twin-tailed comet is linked with Sotek very strongly too!

Amazing book. Can't wait for the next one.
    Could be a woman. Games Workshop going to pull a Tolkien.

(It's Karl Franz. He's not mortal anymore.)

I love this book. It's not as big as Nagash, but it's got some lovely stories and setpieces. Vlad is a delight. Such a charmer!

I bought a Mortarch!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Found the sack of Marienburg bit slightly meh, but into Altdorf now, and wow!!

Really liking the characterisation of Festus.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Ok....I heard someone say Imperial Dragon. What's the skinny on him now? And now that there is a new and improved Karl, how about a new kit?
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    Ok....I heard someone say Imperial Dragon. What's the skinny on him now? And now that there is a new and improved Karl, how about a new kit?
    Towards the very end of the book, the new grand master of the mage guilds loses his mount and flees into the imperial zoo. He's followed there by the Harbringer, the big bad Beastman shaman from this book, who goes on to do the classic villain talk-too-much bit instead of downright killing the guy. Then he gets blasted to smithereens by Imperial Dragon who's apparently buddy-buds with the beast mage and the rest of the beastmen run off in terror.

Are there any women in it who do more than die to add grimdark grittiness to the story?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Dunno.

But seems the Countess of Nuln is in Altdorf in the beginning bit.

She's probably dead then.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Dunno.

Haven't read that far.

I had forgotten quite how heavy going these can be! Normally I polish books off dead quick - but these just take longer!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast