BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 147 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3995

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    The Aussie newspapers were particular hysterical. My favourite one has to be the headline, "It was POMICIDE!"
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Yep, they seem to be in national mourning. Hilarious.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

They're good sports the Aussies they always make it worthwhile beating them. We Brits are so bleeding pessimistic about our chances we never seem that surprised about losing, the Aussies always seem genuinely shocked (of course that's why they do generally do very well)
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

It was breathtakingly bad, I don't think we should get too uppity though because when we do 1) we get brought down to earth humiliatingly quickly 2) we cope with it worse than they do (every time we lose the ****ing tabloids lose their **** at the team and we wonder why good players stay in the counties) and 3) they humiliated us soundly for a good decade not too long ago 4) they won 5-0 last Ashes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Very much in the 'dude....do you want to just start again?' of horrific defeats....All Out for 60 runs? I can't stand Cricket, and even I know that that's a terrible, terrible game - for both sides (good result, but bad game)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    we cope with it worse than they do (every time we lose the ****ing tabloids lose their **** at the team and we wonder why good players stay in the counties)
    See the Football World Cup every year for more details. England has a hilarious rate of attrition on managers given how each of them gets blamed for all the team's problems and crucified...

And it's never, ever blamed on some of the players being ill disciplined, spoilt little thugs who refuse to play as a team.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And it's never, ever blamed on some of the players being ill disciplined, spoilt little thugs who refuse to play as a team.
    No, because The Sun spends two months telling everyone Rooney's going to solo it for you. :P

its not even underwear its a supportive strap i wear for a sprained ankle
    Future politician material right there.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO