BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 283 of 400 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3995

Kylo Ren: I'm being torn apart
    Han Solo: (visibly struggling with a profound and painful conflict. he is silent for a long time, breathing audibly in the empty space. then the struggle is over, and he has lost to something he hates in himself, something stronger than his will. he speaks.) hi being torn apart
    Kylo Ren: no
    Han Solo: I'm dad
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Omg XD

Also:

#jealous

Brother-Captain

I wouldn't be the poor mites are in London. 😳
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

We were so very close to ordering tickets to that gig as well. Opportunity lost, 'til next time.

IMO Su is killing it on the new album, she's really stepped up a notch. I do think the first album was more experimental and trying out tonnes of things, where it feels like they've got more of a vision for what their style will be in the second one, (though it still varies pretty wildly compared to others.)

It's way fresher than anything else in metal right now, at least.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Banned

The first album is also four years of work and encompasses their Sakura Gakuen days so yeah, bit more range, but I guess that's what I liked about it. Not that I'm going to mind if they stay more metal but oh well.

Also bummed they've got no plans for touring here yet

Also also this pleased me:

So, when I was doing my thesis on whether or not fanfiction should be considered a legitimate genre of literature, my advising professor asked me for examples. I gave him the generic ones, of course - “Pride & Prejudice and Zombies” is a horror fanfic of “Pride & Prejudice”, “50 Shades of Grey” is an erotica fic of “Twilight" - and that seemed to make him understand what fanfiction is, but not how it’s useful.

So I thought about it, and, after about a minute, I said, “Paradise Lost is basically a fanfiction of the Book of Genesis. And The Divine Comedy is an epic self-insertion fic for Catholic doctrine. So, basically, you were teaching us fanfiction last semester.” I had never before seen a grown man’s eyes widen with such fear, incomprehension, disgust, awe, and understanding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    but loving the Dragonforce-esque guitars
    So the reason some of the tracks sound like they've got Dragonforce guitars is because the guitarists from Dragonforce played guitar on some of the tracks.

Who'd've thunk it?!

Also:

i think about “in a world where clowns are real” at least once a month

-

this is literally one of the funniest things mankind has ever produced as a species and im so glad to be alive to see it

-

“he is human despite being born a clown”

I mean ignoring the obvious trans metaphor nope

… are clowns… a different species? you are born a clown? Apparently you can become a clown. Can a clown become a human? Are clowns not considered human, IE, a kind of human who clowns? Is clowning not a career choice, is it - what. A gene? is there a Clowning Gene.

I just have so many questions here

-

A WORLD WHERE CLOWNS ARE REAL

Yes

This is a very different world from our own where clowns only exist in paintings and comic books where Batman fights them and actual flesh and blood clowns are never seen in real life, ever

I am not sure my imagination can stretch far enough to picture a world where clowns are real

Also I want Senator Jingles to answer pressing questions about where he stands on clown/human marriage

From Dusk 'Till Dawn has a Ghost in the Shell vibe IMO. That would also be an epic thing to happen, one can only pray.

I fear a world where Clowns are real. Also that's got to be the most hilariously-misguided Trans metaphor 5eva.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

That picture makes me happy every time I see it

Me too.