BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 300 of 400 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3995
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Excellent! I recently helped close out a USD $2 mil estate where the family had no children and left everything to a long list of charities. Too bad that isn't the norm.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

That comic doesn't work. Inheritance isn't having your money taken by force and given to someone else. (If you're for that, then you need a comic helping explain that you're also in favor of some people who outnumber you determining they "need" your car and house more than you do, and taking them from you at gunpoint, and if you disagree, you get locked in the basement.) Inheritance is a VOLUNTARY decision. Inheritance is more like charity, where you make the choice to give someone else something. It's a huge difference between being able to choose and being forced to do something you don't want to because it's "for the good of someone else."

If you're into forcing someone to do something "for the good of someone else," then I suppose you're also anti-abortion, right? But what's this? No? You're "pro-choice?" Okay. Then why would you be against people having the choice of whether to keep what they earn or give part of it to someone else?

If someone chooses to give a lot of money to charity, that's cool. If they choose to leave all their possessions to their children and/or spouse, that's cool. If they choose to give money, clothing, food, etc. to someone else while they're still living, that's cool. If someone decides they are morally superior and takes from someone by force in order to give to someone else, that's not cool.

And frankly, I don't care how someone gets money, as long as they didn't harm someone else or take it by force. If someone doesn't ever work hard and lucks into a large payout with a lottery, that's fine. They put their money at risk in order to try to get more money. They gambled, and if they didn't have much to gamble with to begin with, it's a larger risk. Fair enough. If someone just handed money to someone else, okay.

Key point is whether something is done by choice, or by force. You are pro-force, anti-choice. I am pro-choice, anti-force.

(My actual view on abortion would take a decent sized paragraph to explain fully. If anyone's wondering that, I can explain it, it just doesn't feel relevant here.)

Brother-Captain

Yep what society needs is for those disgusting parents who work really hard to provide better lives for their children to be stopped, how dare they. Seriously jealously is an ugly characteristic.

This thread is no longer cheering anyone up I suspect.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

This thread needs more flying polyps ;

I wish someone would use them in a movie.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Yay, Flying Polyps! Finally something that actually cheers me up on the Cheer Up Thread!
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

I like how the guy in the green hat is just casually stroking the tentacle, like it's no big deal.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

He obviously loves his pet polyp <3

Chapter-Master

mummy jumping spider and her little one :

and a small fluffy tarantula ;

You'd have to be a sociopath to not find that adorable.

Brother-Captain

Sigh. I linked the picture because I thought it was funny and it related to the discussion, please do not take my selection of image links in a humour thread as an accurate expounding of my political views.

Please laugh at this necron in a sombrero instead:
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams