BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default Questions about space hulk. New player here!

I've always intended to purchase a copy of space hulk. I missed it last time so I jumped on the new one .
    Aside from the hideous pain it is pulling the minis off the sprue without breaking them , I am very pleased. Cool sculpts!
    Is it appropriate to base the minis with standard 40k bases? Large base for termies , small for gene stealer , etc...? I only ask because I'd like to use them in a 40k blood angels army I plan on building to .
    Thanks for any help!
    Always be prepared to explain the how's and the why's.

Try using side cutters to cut the minis from the sprue, and as far as bases go use whatever you want really as long as they still fit on the board, above all have fun and PURGE THE XENO FILTH!

Well, it won't hurt from a gameplay perspective, as all movement and LOS is based on the squares on the board.

The only problem I see is that some of the genestealer minis are sculpted in a way that would be hard to squeeze on to a 25mm base.

Quote Originally Posted by Onetthero View Post
    Aside from the hideous pain it is pulling the minis off the sprue without breaking them , I am very pleased.
    Dear God. Side cutters! Surely even non-gamers have some around for stripping insulation off wire?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Dear God. Side cutters! Surely even non-gamers have some around for stripping insulation off wire?
    hell, even toe nail clippers will do the job....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

On the one hand, the game board will get a little crowded with your terminators on terminator bases.

On the other hand... it's not like they fit perfectly without the bases, anyway, the game is totally still playable, and you end up getting double duty out of your minis.

So it's your call. I based mine, and I used them in a 40k game on Tuesday.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

After seeing this thread I decided to get some 40mm bases and some magnets, and magnetize my termies so they CAN go on the bases, if I want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    hell, even toe nail clippers will do the job....
    Oh, right... those exist.

I just use side cutters. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1-2 View Post
    After seeing this thread I decided to get some 40mm bases and some magnets, and magnetize my termies so they CAN go on the bases, if I want them to.
    Nice idea; I have the old SH myself so refuse point blank to buy for 75 quid a fraction of what I got for 15 when the original died out in the ealy 90's.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....