BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

sadly as has been noted the addition of Hull Points to fortifications has made them much less desirable than just using Aegis Defense Lines and Ruins which are not prone to being destroyed for their often high cost.

Librarian

I love the Vengeance Weapons Batteries. 75pts each and you can take 2/Fortification slot. They are AV14, HP3, and can never be claimed by the enemy!
    I deploy them withing controlling range of 1-2 objectives thus holding them. This allows the rest of my army to be more mobile and focus on grabbing the other objectives.
    Weapon options are; Quad Icarus Lascannon, Punisher Gatling (Str5, 15 shots), Battlecannon (+10pts).

I do like the Aegis, but it is not scoring. For me the scoring ability is the primary reason I now take Fortifications.

The Firestorm Resoubt is also pretty awesome, plus you can add a Comms Relay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I love the Vengeance Weapons Batteries. 75pts each and you can take 2/Fortification slot. They are AV14, HP3, and can never be claimed by the enemy!
    I deploy them withing controlling range of 1-2 objectives thus holding them. This allows the rest of my army to be more mobile and focus on grabbing the other objectives.
    Weapon options are; Quad Icarus Lascannon, Punisher Gatling (Str5, 15 shots), Battlecannon (+10pts).

I do like the Aegis, but it is not scoring. For me the scoring ability is the primary reason I now take Fortifications.

The Firestorm Resoubt is also pretty awesome, plus you can add a Comms Relay as well.
    Does it say somewhere buildings can claim objectives?

Unless it explicitly says so I can't see how they can, there not like transports that you buy with a squad nor are they units.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post

Unless it explicitly says so I can't see how they can, there not like transports that you buy with a squad nor are they units.
    Yep, buildings bought as part of your detachment can; as can buildings you take later.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeChisler View Post

Sure does, conveniently enough in the main rulebook under Scoring Units last bullet point p134.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12