BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone else doing End Times?

Morning all!

So yeah, End Times - anyone started a new army for it, or otherwise dusting off and expanding existing stuff?

I wasn't, as originally intended to see what was on offer. But I caved, and have gone all Nurglesque (I've even stopped washing!).

So far got me Bloab and The Glottkin, and next month I reckon a couple of boxes of Putrid Blightkings, because I really like the Nurgle look they've got going on.

Anyone else?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

well... the talk about endtimes got me interested again in WFB, but I decided to fix up a load of old dwarf and Lizardmen figure I had sitting around instead of collecting an entirely new army.

Though saying that I am working on a challange to build any army for £20 a month, it's hard but it can be done, to really prove the point it's and Orc & Goblin army, just got to get some green paint this weekend...
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

The ability to field combined Undead again was the push I needed to settle on a true "main" army for WFB (well, Orcs should be, but they're even more "meh" in WFB than in 40K). I'd tried a few armies, they all felt a bit odd, but then a touch of nostalgia and the idea of legions of Undead got me to make the plunge back in. Luckily, someone was also selling a huge mass of Undead, so I was able to get a bunch of models, with the most important part being that he'd assembled all the core troops and painted them pretty similar to the scheme I was using (Sylvania state troops), so all I have to do is touch those up and change some models to fit better, and no having to fiddle with more assembly (after doing something like 60 Skeletons and 40 Zombies, you start to lose the will to go on).

It's been interesting to play, and it's also added a bit of a new dynamic with people wondering whether to take advantage of extra points for Lords, though it's rare that anyone does so, unless they want to just try pulling out Nagash or another big, expensive character.

I've probably played more WFB since the Nagash book came out than I had in the year prior. And the Glottkin book will help my Chaos forces, because I wasn't as enthused with Daemons as I'd hoped I would be, and I have a bunch of Beastmen but practically no Core Units, and I like some of the Warriors models, so I can dust those guys off, add a few things, and switch out between Legions armies.

It's also interesting to try to figure out a narrative at times. On Saturday we had a few WFB players in the store, so we agreed to do a 2-vs-2 to get more people in on the action (have to do that with a store with only three gaming tables). One side was Lizardmen and High Elves, the other was my Undead Legions paired up with Chaos. My Undead Legion was a kind of "fun" list I threw together as a Strigoi horde (Ghoul King, Ghouls, Dire Wolves, Crypt Horrors, a Terrorgheist, and some other goodies) with a little Tomb Kings thrown in (Liche Priest and a unit of Archers). It's obvious why Lizards and High Elves would work together, but why would Chaos and Undead work together? Well, Strigoi aren't really ones to fall in line and support Nagash or the forces of Sylvania, and you can imagine the Liche Priest and his "bodyguards" being loaned to them by the newly risen Settra, who's still pretty upset. Boom, combo explained in a way that makes sense!

I haven't seen many of the big models on the field yet, really only Nagash so far, but I hope to get my Arkhan model done in the near future... I just want to get more basic models in the army done first so I can field a cohesive army, then move on to the projects that will take more effort (and Arkhan and the Morghast Archais will take more effort, definitely).

Chapter-Master

Karl Franz is getting dusted off for my empire army. He's been sat gathering dust pretty much since he was released as he has been to expensive to field in anything less than 3000 point games, not to mention being a bit vulnerable. Now he'll kill anything in the game and that toughness 5 with ten wounds will allow him to survive most things. Though I'm using him by prior agreement only as he's an absolute monster. Taking him to the field against my mates big Nurgle chaos hordes army on Saturday, so that should be fun.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I'd been looking for an excuse to get a Sphinx for ages.

"I'll just summon it to the battlefield, no need to build a hundred skeletons" was the perfect opening.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through painting Neferata. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Amazing model! Very, uh, springy, though, because of the plastic and delicate pieces.

She's going to be joined by my take on the Army of the Silver Pinnacle, post-Lahmia battle in Nagash. Or, as I like to think of it, the Undead Legions misandry list. Parts of the army will be themed to align with the characters who are bringing them to the larger force: Neferata with Morghasts, skeletons and ghouls; a Tomb Princess with Tomb Guard and Skull Catapults; a mounted (leave it) martial vampiress with Black Knights, etc. etc.

I'm also going to do Vlad von Carstein and Krell, because they're wonderful models. Vlad is also the affable undead terror of my heart.

I should start a log. We all should!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I've been working on my Vampire Counts and Neferata, not going overboard yet, waiting to see how End Times does re: wimmins.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    I'm about 3/4 of the way through painting Neferata. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Amazing model! Very, uh, springy, though, because of the plastic and delicate pieces.

She's going to be joined by my take on the Army of the Silver Pinnacle, post-Lahmia battle in Nagash. Or, as I like to think of it, the Undead Legions misandry list. Parts of the army will be themed to align with the characters who are bringing them to the larger force: Neferata with Morghasts, skeletons and ghouls; a Tomb Princess with Tomb Guard and Skull Catapults; a mounted (leave it) martial vampiress with Black Knights, etc. etc.

I'm also going to do Vlad von Carstein and Krell, because they're wonderful models. Vlad is also the affable undead terror of my heart.

I should start a log. We all should!
    Get an Indiana Jones model from somewhere, and have him running away from the wimmins - he is after all wearing a Fedora.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

He's one of the corpses on the bases that's being turned into a Spirit Host, clearly.

My reaction is to make it do well for wimmins, whatever the books say.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Heh!

Me, I'm bursting for payday to arrive so I can get me some of those Blightkings. The more I look at them, the more and more I like them!

Might do an all infantry army this time, as I'm normally Mr Monster when it comes to Warhammer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast