BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    I've been watching the end times from a fluff perspective but haven't picked up any of the books yet, hopefully there will be reprints of the 1st 3 that I will pick up at some point down the line. I am definitely going to try to pick up a copy of the elves book and am hoping that the Lizards will feature in the series somewhere. Would love a decent Mazdamundi model down the line to use
    Lizard men are mass-migrating.....

Where to, I'm not sure. Likely the Southlands Jungle I'd wager.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I took KF Ascendant for a spin yesterday against my mates Daemon army. Watching him inflict a staggering 28 wounds on a Great Unclean One in a single round of combat has confirmed to me he is the hardest thing in Warhammer. Admittedly I got lucky and hit with all ten attacks and my mate only passed one ward save, but even so, I won't be using him in games without prior agreement, he is simply too hard to field regularly.
    Are you kidding me? I say use him. Who cares if he's a bit powerful. Empire players FINALLY have a character that's on par with other powerful characters and monsters from other armies. You have beefed up choas warrior lords (with WS of 8+, A:5+ bad *** chaos powers), dragons, treemen etc in standard games (let alone End Time games) while most of our guys are mere WS:, S:, T: of 3 and our most powerful non special lord can only get a WS:6.

Then most arimes can get some kind of powerful monster of some kind. Dark elevs have large amount of monsters to choose from, undead have the zombie dragon for non special lords and those bat creatures, beastmen have their own big guys, orcs have trolls and a orc style dragon etc while Empire can only get a griffin for their lords which are not powerful compared to the other monsters out there.

So what if we have the steam tank or different cannons and such. Most of those are unrealible and either explode or misfire or just miss their shots most of the time.

What the beefed up Karl did to that demon, is usually common happenings to most of my Empire lords and heores. For years, other armies had uber powerful characters and monsters and now Empire finally has one. Might as well use him and give the other arimes a tatse of their own med's.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    orcs have trolls and a orc style dragon etc while Empire can only get a griffin for their lords which are not powerful compared to the other monsters out there.
    Orcs have Wyverns. Which aren't exactly tons more potent than a Griffin. And if you want to throw Trolls out there, I counter with Hippogyph Knights, which are faster, tougher, hit harder, and aren't Stupid.

Orcs are kind of in the same boat as the Empire, sans having the nice cannons to try to make up for it.

Brother-Sergeant

And the wyvern is a dragon like monster in which I believe can be used by non speical lords. As for cannons, again not as great as everyone thinks they are. In all the games in which I have used my great cannon in, the only thing I was ever able to hit before a misfire, was a goblin and I was aiming for him. The best overkill ever but really wasn't worth it in points. Your orc heroes and lords have better states then the empire lords and heroes. And your special charaxters are nothing to sneeze at.

But yeah, there are other armies that are in the same boat with Empire being overrunned by other more powerful armies with their uber powerful characters and monsters. But I really don't like it when we finally get something (and just one compared to the other armies with 2 or more) and the ones with the uber power armies start to complain. Its like they finally get a taste of their own meds and complain. "Take two and don't call me in the morning"

Chapter-Master

I haven't heard anyone complaining. He's killable, it just tricky to do. I like him, but when I know my friends don't have anyone to deal with him it seems a bit unfair to field him against them
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

People are still going on about Karl Franz Ascendant? Malekith's Eternity King Profile as well as Alarielle's Incarnate of Life profile are absolutely bonkers and put any of the other End Times characters to shame. I ran the numbers, Malekith obliterates Karl Franz Ascendant, Nagash, the Glottkin and pretty much any other uber melee character you can find while still being a Level 5 Wizard with Loremastery of arguably the best spell lore in the game, providing huge buffs to nearby Elves, allowing a single unit to make a free 20" move each turn which is just ludicrously good, having in-built miscast protection, immunity to Heroic Killing Blow and Multiple Wounds, a 2+ ward save against anything non-magical and providing a 24" Leadership 10 Inspiring Presence. It's insane to think he is only 1000 points, though I guess his equivalently-priced counter-part in Nagash does now have Loremastery of 5 spell lores to make up being inferior in every other way (other than summoning, obviously).

Alarielle is insane, for 190 points more than her current codex incarnation she gets a big stat buff, provides a 6+ ward save and immunity to both Fear and Terror as well as a ridiculous 4+ REGENERATION SAVE to all friendly Elf UNITS within 12", oh and don't forget she still keeps most of her special rules and magic items from the army book, has a better Touch of Purity rule that makes her a crazily-good monster hunter and she regenerates a single lost wound for every multi-wound model within 12" each turn, including herself, oh and she also gets to heal a second wound to any single character within 12" each turn as well! Insane....absolutely insane. Did I mention she is now a Level 5 Loremaster of Life that also has in-built miscast protection? She would be fine if she didn't provide Regeneration 4+ to herself and all friendly units within 12", combine that with the Banner of the World Dragon and it makes any given unit immortal. But hey, let's not forget that the only issue Elves suffer from is a lack of survivability which a bubble of 4+ Regeneration effectively turns right on its head....never mind that! Combine her with Razor Standard-equipped Black Guard or Witch Elf unit in the "survivor" army list (where they get Martial Prowess and Murderous Prowess) and watch the carnage as the Stubborn Leadership 10 (in the case of the Black Guard) unit just mulches through anything and everything that comes its way.

While most of the End Times characters so far barring Nagash, Karl Franz Ascendant and arguably Mannfred have all been balanced or at least had a points cost to match their abilities, some of the new Elf ones are over-powered to a ridiculous degree. Of course, I'm not complaining...I get to use them! Mwahahaha! But seriously, at least Malekith is now as powerful as he has always been in the background, and it is nice to see the rules designers have given Alarielle not one or two but THREE awesome profiles for us to use, clearly they really wanted to do the Everqueen justice which gets a big thumbs up from me!
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 11-25-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Brother-Sergeant

I rest my case....

Tempted to make an Everqueen led army of Sisters of Avelorn, Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter and treemen and treekin.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Tempted to make an Everqueen led army of Sisters of Avelorn, Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter and treemen and treekin.
    Do it!

And Stag Riding Ladies of Athel Loren.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Worth considering in the Nagash-Malekith debate is that Malekith can't summon whole armies of extra troops, and only knows one spell lore. Nagash has, what, thirty-six spells available to him in Magic of the End Times? Split across Death, Undeath, Vampires, Nehekhara and Light?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast