BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ACE01 View Post
    the old VC (current TK) ones.
    I thought those swords, axes, spears etc. looked suspiciously un-Nehekharan. I replaced all mine with Tomb Guard khopeshes painstakingly looted from Tomb Guard built with halberds.

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I thought those swords, axes, spears etc. looked suspiciously un-Nehekharan. I replaced all mine with Tomb Guard khopeshes painstakingly looted from Tomb Guard built with halberds.
    When I have the time, I'd definitely like to go back and do that. It's the reason I built all of mine with spears!
    My End Times Project Log on BOLS, current project: Undead Goblins! - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50621-ACE01-s-End-Times-begin!-A-plog-to-keep-me-motivated

Chapter-Master

I took KF Ascendant for a spin yesterday against my mates Daemon army. Watching him inflict a staggering 28 wounds on a Great Unclean One in a single round of combat has confirmed to me he is the hardest thing in Warhammer. Admittedly I got lucky and hit with all ten attacks and my mate only passed one ward save, but even so, I won't be using him in games without prior agreement, he is simply too hard to field regularly.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Eeep! Defo not something I think I'd ever want to face!

Well, not without prior knowledge....

Still planning this months splurge - have added Gutrot Spume, Fests and a Warshrine.

Hoping I may be able to use bits of the Blightkings to Nurgle up the Warshrine somewhat.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

End Times got me to finally take the plunge on the new Wood Elves models and managed to get my group to swing back to mostly Fantasy from 40k (we tend to go in cycles). I'm greatly looking forward to the possibility of using my WE and HE models together for a big horde of White Lions (with WWR models mixed in for effect) backed up by Wild Riders and Waywatchers. Sounds awesome.

Nice to know KF is as much of a beatstick as he should be. I think as we get more End Times level Lords in the game it'll even out a bit.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

For me, just trying to keep up with rules is "splurging." Christmas is coming up and I haven't really gotten started on gifts (hard to when I don't know what to get folks), and my bills are all crying out to be paid, and we get Glottkin, then shortly after Leviathan for 40K, and now Khaine is coming out soon... yikes. I'd wait to buy something, but limited releases means I'll miss out, and with the ET books especially I don't want to (because who wants two sets of hardbacks on the shelf, then a softback, then back to hardbacks in a series?).

Khaine might get me to play Elves, since I can mix the different Elves I have, and get some of the neater Dark Elf stuff. But here's what we have to look forward to there: Imagine a unit of something like Phoenix Guard, or Swordmasters, or whatever the hardest unit of all the Elves is. In that unit is a bunch of really tough characters, maybe even a wizard or two. Just the nastiest combat characters you can make with those books. And then you have a High Elf Noble as a BSB with the Banner of the World Dragon in the unit. Boom, combined Elf Death Star with 2+ save against anything magical, including all Daemon attacks, all attacks from the Glottkin, all attacks from Nagash, all of Karl Franz's attacks (except Thunderstomp), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    (because who wants two sets of hardbacks on the shelf, then a softback, then back to hardbacks in a series?)
    Flog off the hardbacks while they're still Sold Out, use the money to buy Christmas presents, then get softbacks later?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Flog off the hardbacks while they're still Sold Out, use the money to buy Christmas presents, then get softbacks later?
    I can afford presents, it's just hard to afford another hardback ET book already in addition to the presents. If I sell off my current ET books to get money to buy another hardback to look right on the shelf with them, it kind of defeats the purpose. :-P

I'll work something out, finagle my expenses around a bit, at least to keep going with the ET stuff.

I do actually have a second copy of ET: Nagash (bought a guy's Undead collection from him, he had the set), I might sell that and use the money to get ET: Pointy-Ears.

Chaplain

I've been watching the end times from a fluff perspective but haven't picked up any of the books yet, hopefully there will be reprints of the 1st 3 that I will pick up at some point down the line. I am definitely going to try to pick up a copy of the elves book and am hoping that the Lizards will feature in the series somewhere. Would love a decent Mazdamundi model down the line to use

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast