BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Orks vs Imperium - The Scouring - 7th Edition 40k Battle Report (video)

800 points of Orks vs Imperials. Enjoy.

Also on fb: [url]https://www.facebook.com/GrimDarkGaming?ref=bookmarks[/url]

If you failed that morale did you remember to do the 'Mob Rule' check after?

Oh, and the Inquisitor can't be 'knocked' off from the squad, he would have actually 'detach' himself otherwise even if out of coherency he is still part of the squad, it just means the next move has to be spent either regaining coherency or deliberately splitting off.
    Last edited by John Bower; 11-17-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Yeah, I said at the end of the video that I had figured out the mistake I made with the Inquisitor. Unfortunately we made a few other mistakes too, such as having a fearless assassin go to ground and allowing the plane to jink against the assassin. Still, you live and learn. I don't think we ever forget to do the mob rule, that's just too much fun to forget. And ultimately, luckily, none of the mistake in this game actually affected the outcome. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Cheers, didn't realise that bit; maybe I got distracted at that point (it happens - usually phone goes or some crap like that) but anyway, great vid. I love my orks they're fast becoming my best army for some reason they can actually do pretty well against all my other armies (their win/loss ratio is certainly the highest). Maybe one day I'll try them against my mate's Eldar (I can't beat him).

glad to hear someone having fun with the new codex. ive got hordes of orkz and finally gave in and bought the new dex.

think it is interesting but still has some 'unfixes'.

great news: points drops on boys / heavy armour option / three HQ's [im going three painboys on bikes !] / cheaper rokkits [warbuggies in 5's !] [deffkoptas are cheaper but as 'jetbikes' still have morale issues] / mek guns !!!!

strange ! : no looted waggons / trukks still costing more than 10pts !!!

very strange: 'bosspoles' for 5pts you can re-roll mob rule - but why bother - ok with armour 6+ units you might - but I'm taking heavy armour boys - thank you very much - so dont see any point. It should come 'free' with the Nob upgrade ? - armour 4+ or better might lose one wound - armour 6 maybe two or three - but its certainly not going to be 'painful'. [a simple 'splat' one model to restore morale would have been easier [but less ORKY!].

unfixed: 'lootas' - still ST 7 48" range - variable shots - [they are too good ! - and they got a point drop] - the Flashgitz got a points drop but their weapons got nerfed. Its always been my belief that these two units should swap weapons ! - at least then orcses would have to pay a decent amount of points for the 'gun of death'.

14 lootas in a battle waggon - with a painboy and mb a KFF is still 'a wall of death' to any AV10/11/12 and a severe threat to AV13.

[we have house ruled them to restrict their shots - d6 1-4 = 1 shot 5 or 6 = 2 shots] [42-45 St 7 shots at 48" is too good even with only a third hitting !]

1st game at weekend. using boys on foot and back up ! - will try biker army next week.

perhaps ppl [orkies] could post on tactics thread to keep ppl updated !?

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way. what a really nice vid. awesome. mb just try and edit it down to 25 minutes as longer means it will put ppl off watching.

First-Captain

Orks are such great fun, everything about them now plays fluffy, they're at their best when you play them like Orks.

Lootas are very good but, although 45 shots is a lot, its those turns when you only get 15 and so 5 hits that balance them out, thats the thing with orks, because they roll so many dice, any individual action can be either side of average, you can wildly miss everything with your lootas and your shoota boyz might get lucky and decimate a unit.

Its hard to predict and that makes them interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    glad to hear someone having fun with the new codex. ive got hordes of orkz and finally gave in and bought the new dex.

think it is interesting but still has some 'unfixes'.

great news: points drops on boys / heavy armour option / three HQ's [im going three painboys on bikes !] / cheaper rokkits [warbuggies in 5's !] [deffkoptas are cheaper but as 'jetbikes' still have morale issues] / mek guns !!!!

strange ! : no looted waggons / trukks still costing more than 10pts !!!

very strange: 'bosspoles' for 5pts you can re-roll mob rule - but why bother - ok with armour 6+ units you might - but I'm taking heavy armour boys - thank you very much - so dont see any point. It should come 'free' with the Nob upgrade ? - armour 4+ or better might lose one wound - armour 6 maybe two or three - but its certainly not going to be 'painful'. [a simple 'splat' one model to restore morale would have been easier [but less ORKY!].

unfixed: 'lootas' - still ST 7 48" range - variable shots - [they are too good ! - and they got a point drop] - the Flashgitz got a points drop but their weapons got nerfed. Its always been my belief that these two units should swap weapons ! - at least then orcses would have to pay a decent amount of points for the 'gun of death'.

14 lootas in a battle waggon - with a painboy and mb a KFF is still 'a wall of death' to any AV10/11/12 and a severe threat to AV13.

[we have house ruled them to restrict their shots - d6 1-4 = 1 shot 5 or 6 = 2 shots] [42-45 St 7 shots at 48" is too good even with only a third hitting !]

1st game at weekend. using boys on foot and back up ! - will try biker army next week.

perhaps ppl [orkies] could post on tactics thread to keep ppl updated !?

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way. what a really nice vid. awesome. mb just try and edit it down to 25 minutes as longer means it will put ppl off watching.
    We still have rules for Looted wagons; they were in WD the week I think the codex dropped. Why on Earth they put them in there instead of the dex is beyond my capacity to comprehend; as is why the heck they made Gazza a Lord of War.