BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what weapons do you use to fire out of a chimera?

i was wondering do you use the las gun profile to shoot from the hatch or do you use the wepons theyhave at hand like they did in the old IG codex? so far i've been going by the lasgun deal because it says that they fire from the lasguns on the sides so what do you think it is?
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Dont quote me but check the ig dex i think its spelled out there for you i am not 100% sure that chims even have the las guns anymore

In the IG codex it's clear that a Chimera has a top hatch fire point that can accommodate five models. Any five transported models can fire out of a Chimera, using any weapons. The lasguns are now present on the model only for show.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    In the IG codex it's clear that a Chimera has a top hatch fire point that can accommodate five models. Any five transported models can fire out of a Chimera, using any weapons. The lasguns are now present on the model only for show.
    Right, and the vague mention of lasguns in the rule is merely fluff, and irrelevant for rules. The key thing here is the "five models may fire out of the top hatch".

Don't know why GW included the fluff about lasguns in there... maybe to confuse people/shrug/
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

On the whole I'm glad they mentioned it. I think it does two things: one, it tells the players that yes, they thought about it, and given that in reality very few units can find five special weapons to shoot out of a Chimera, they felt the change was justified; two, it stops people from asking, "Why does my Chimera have six lasguns on the model but no mention of them in the rules?!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by sicarius2424 View Post
    i was wondering do you use the las gun profile to shoot from the hatch or do you use the wepons theyhave at hand like they did in the old IG codex? so far i've been going by the lasgun deal because it says that they fire from the lasguns on the sides so what do you think it is?
    Check out the Chimera's weaponry... It no longer has any lasguns on it.

What you fire out of the Chimera is from the models inside.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

thanks guys that cleared it up really nicely
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Not that I'm complaining about the five fire points, which is awesome, but did anybody else think it was weird that the Chimera got five fire points when its still modeled with six of those las gun turret bits?

Chaplain

What's weirder is that the rule itself actually says that the models inside fire the lasguns, and to represent this it has 5 fire points. So, basically, they're firing meltalasguns sometimes. That's all.

5 Fire points? That's four plasma guns and a plasma pistol. Command squads doing driveby's, you've gotta luv 'em!

Into guard? Check my blog - http://corbaniaprime.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast