BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post
    I heard at my local GW (after noticing Mordheim and indeed all other GW games were gone from the website) that they sold the rights to those specialty games to Fantasy Flight. I would rather FF make these games, there customer service is... well... actually customer service!

They already lost me on the limited releases though. Voidshield generator was the first of what has become a series of disappointments to me. I am a bit of a completist and when its sold out before I get an email about it it adds -1 enthusiasm to my hobby tracker.

"Hey look how cool this model is!! Sure it comes with a bunch of useless grots and a bunch of Wolfies you don't need but its a new Warboss guy!!! Whats that? you want it? aaaaaaaaand its gone!! But really its your fault for not coming in every week to pick up the new White Dwarf..."
    They sold out on Baalshield, too.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

And the water pots! Even though they're just boring mugs and a biscuit tin.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    They sold out on Baalshield, too.
    #NotYourShield

Got one of those put aside by my local manager, as currently working Saturdays, so can't get in until 2:30ish.

And when he does these favours, I always follow up and actually buy
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    All I'm going to say is what I've been saying since I got back into the hobby in 2007.

Adeptus Titanicus please.
    I broke my like button!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

So take the worst ideas, multiple them, and then completely misinterpret what people have been saying they want... Do these guys even attempt to know what their customers want?

Limited releases are annoying as hell and only help eBay scalpers. That's it. Oh, they might make GW look good for a week's finances, but you have a LOT of pissed off customers when you hype up a new release and they can't get their hands on it because a local store wasn't lucky enough to get a copy and it sold out instantly. Limited editions are annoying, too. Sure, I got my Ork set, and it was a better deal than later sets, though it was annoying that the numbers weren't included and I can bet the number they sent me meant they were keeping the low numbers for the ones still in stock. But they had copies of it in stock for a while, and other limited edition books, even when they started lowering the print runs. They don't get it. People don't want to spend a huge chunk on rules (and them expecting people to pay $250 for a special copy of the already overpriced rule books shows that they know they're lying when they pretend the models are the main draw and not the games).

Those "all in one" sets for the other games are stupid. Don't bother with that for Mordheim, just put the rulebook back online, and people can do what we used to do in stores, use WFB models to build warbands. Epic, BFG, games like that, it'd mean you only have two sides, or you have tiny armies/fleets/gangs and the rules end up changed a lot. That's not what we want! We don't want stripped down limited edition versions of those games. We want the bloody games we enjoyed back. We want to introduce new members of the hobby to these games. Space Hulk works like that because it was always a board game with Space Marines and Genestealers, that's it. So re-releasing it as a boardgame works. Trying to turn BFG or Epic into just another board game is insulting.

I'm hoping these are just someone making stuff up. Otherwise, it's worse than just staying the course, it'd be GW taking the worst ideas and expanding on them.

Oh, and Dreadfleet will NEVER be Man'O'War. And you can still find unopened copies of it for sale because, as not-MoW, people weren't as interested in it.

Define their customers.

I for one love the limited stuff.

I'd like a boxed set Mordheim - because that means spangly new models and terrain. Huzzah!

And therein lies the problem. GW have such a large customer base, it's next to impossible to please all people all the time. Neither of us here is 'more right' than the other either.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Define their customers.

I for one love the limited stuff.

I'd like a boxed set Mordheim - because that means spangly new models and terrain. Huzzah!

And therein lies the problem. GW have such a large customer base, it's next to impossible to please all people all the time. Neither of us here is 'more right' than the other either.
    I'm also a fan of the one off games as they provide a much needed break from WFB or 40k. Plus they can do a limited run and if it is too successful they can circle back and release it again... like they did with Space Hulk.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

I would much rather see BFG return as a for-real game, but I'd be willing to buy into it as a big box game. Space Hulk is plenty fun. Honestly, I'd be happy for the opportunity to buy some new ships for my two fleets (Chaos and Imperial) without paying ever-rising eBay prices.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Limited run releases could be cool. Say one every six months.

Get the main box, and expansions. Then when they're gone, they're gone - until next time.

Ebay prices show people are willing to pay a premium too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast